finger scanner

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
How are you liking this feature? I am unsure because for some reason after set up I will swipe and I have to repeat a few times. Doesn't catch it first time. And it is set up correctly

Posted via the Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
There are a few threads on this but I'm not one to jump in and say your wrong in creating a new one.

Will leave that to someone else that may have an issue or more lol

I have it set up and works 98% of the time.

Guess I just got lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:

bapte

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Well u can create up to 3 profiles for the scanner. I wonder if u make 3 profiles of the same finger if that will increase the register rate?

But I usually don't have any issue with the scanner. I get it on the first try most of the time, if not the 2nd swipe. Still faster then entering a pin if u got to swipe twice.

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Use atleast 10 different swipes per register. You get 3 so thats about 30 different swipes...i promise you wont have an issue

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Works really well for me. It's all about perfecting the registers.

I have both thumbs, both index fingers, and both middle fingers all registered. Works fine with each one.

In case you all don't know about these finger print scanner apps...

FingerSecurity - It allows you to lock apps with your finger print

LastPassword - Let's you save passwords and log into apps automatically with the finger print scanner.

Keeper - Protects passwords with finger print scanner. Not sure if you can log into apps with it like LastPassword. However LastPassword is a subscription app.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Works really well for me. It's all about perfecting the registers.

I have both thumbs, both index fingers, and both middle fingers all registered. Works fine with each one.

you said that you have both of each of the phalanges that you mentioned registered. did that mean that you scanned 2 fingers per finger registration or something?

layout98

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the fingerprint scanner as my security exclusively for 2 weeks now. I also have about a 98% success rate on the first swipe.

The first thing that most people ignore is that you need to swipe from many different angles. The reason that Samsung wants you to swipe it 10 times is to capture many different angles. If you only Swype straight down 10 times, you're doomed.

The BEST WAY is to use your 10 swipes to mimic how you'd use the phone in the real world.

Example 1: Swipe your index finger at a couple of angles but THEN hand your phone to someone else and swipe as if you were trying to unlock the phone for a friend/spouse.

Example 2: If your hands are big enough to try and unlock the phone with your thumb while holding your phone in only one hand, then REALLY focus on holding the phone the way you would only in one hand while registering your prints.

It took me half a dozen tries to re-register my thumb in example 2 because at first I was holding the phone in my other hand and simply swiping my thumb at different angles. It wasn't until I really tried to hold the phone the way I would in real life and swiped my thumb from all those angles did it start working right (and regularly.)

Hope this helps.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
you said that you have both of each of the phalanges that you mentioned registered. did that mean that you scanned 2 fingers per finger registration or something?
Yeah. I don't remember the exact number but I did each finger multiple times. My more common ones I used more registers on. Like my thumbs. I think I did each of those at least 10 times. However like my middle fingers only did like 3 or 4 times each.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87