Why is my Note 4 Random Calling people?

caffeinetripp

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Random Calling

I've noticed that with my Note 4, stock everything except for Nova Launcher, no face recognition on, and as plain and simple as you can get for calling, it will randomly call other people on my contact list after physically typing in the phone number or selecting the contact to call. This will happen with either Bluetooth connected or not. I have seen that this problem seems to have been happening with other phones across many different versions and there has been on possible fix of downloading Not Call Log Classic, but I'm still not convinced that is a complete fix.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Random Calling

Clwar the cache of the dialer app and see if that helps. Let us know if you have questions, or if the problem still occurs.

CatLady2010

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

My Note 4 has called people without my permission on several occasions. It's usually when I have a text chat open and I assume I accidentally hit the call button. However, I have also experienced things being selected in other apps without my actually touching the screen. I've learned there is a gesture feature to this phone, and I wonder if I am activating that to make calls and perform other functions inadvertently. I think there is a way to turn off the gesture feature in the settings, which may help cure the problem. One thing I've gotten into the habit of doing is closing the texting, contacts, and phone apps after using it to avoid accidentally dialing someone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Weird. As srk said you may need to clear the cache on the dialer app. Mine hasn't done this at all.

tarheel1400

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I've experienced this issue as well. I'll be in a game or an app completely unrelated to dialing and all of a sudden I'm calling somebody. I'm not using any launcher or 3rd party dialing system. It's very strange. I have turned off the gesture feature and that didn't help. I'm hoping its just new software and we'll get a patch soon.

Kane89

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site

Hate to tell you. But one of your friends could have downloaded a fake caller id application and is playing games with you. I knew a person that did that to a ex friend and he ended up buying 2 new phones.

Devil Dog

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

In my case a few thing went "wrong" to make this happen.

-I had contact in my emergency contact list.
-I had the "increased screen sensitivity" feature turned on (the one that allows you to interact with the phone with gloves on.
-I had the phone in my slacks pants pocket, with the screen facing inwards.

with a perfect storm of all of these things, what was happening(even with the screen locked with Fingerprint). was that as I walked with the phone in my pocket, the screen was rubbing against my leg, and thus swiping the Emergency call icon that is on the lock screen (on the bottom left) thus accessing the ICE contact, and it even managed to press on some of these contacts after the swipe, all it took was a slight bouncing while in my pocket. so I ended up calling people, and even answering their call -- when they called me back after I dialed them and said nothing -- without even being aware of this dialing. :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty