First impressions of my Watch 4.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had the watch for a couple of days and overall like it. I got the watch 4 40mm GPS. I traded in my Gear S3 Classic 46mm and got $80 for it from Samsung.

The biggest disappointment is the battery life. With my Gear S3 Classic, I would get about two and a half days on a charge. Not so much with the watch 4. I've been getting just a little more than 24 hours. I've turned off the blood oxygen nighttime monitoring to see if that makes any difference.

The other disappointment for me is the choices for watch faces. IMHO, they just suck! I've found one that is just barely acceptable. I'm hoping as time goes on we'll see a larger selection and a better selection.

On the bright side, I really love the responsiveness. Notifications from the phone via Bluetooth are nearly instantaneous. The clarity and brightness of the face are incredible. I'm also quite impressed with the functionality of some apps on the watch. Way more functional than the Gear S3 Classic.

Also, setting up the Pay app was quite a chore with the latest app update. Fortunately, a reviewer gave the steps to follow and I was able to get the app installed.

abbeybrown312

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
I've had the watch a few weeks and in just the last few days the battery has gotten substantially better. Hopefully, it does for you as well.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes the watch faces lame right now. Check out Matteo Dini. He has tons of good ones though they are limited by the creation software somewhat. Hoping that soon things will get ironed out.

Last edited:

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Another disappointment I've noticed is its inability to accurately track sleep. For example, last night it didn't recognize the first 2hrs and 35 minutes I was asleep. There has been only one night so far that has been even close to picking up when I go to bed.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I've had the watch for a couple of days and overall like it. I got the watch 4 40mm GPS. I traded in my Gear S3 Classic 46mm and got $80 for it from Samsung.

The biggest disappointment is the battery life. With my Gear S3 Classic, I would get about two and a half days on a charge. Not so much with the watch 4. I've been getting just a little more than 24 hours. I've turned off the blood oxygen nighttime monitoring to see if that makes any difference.

The other disappointment for me is the choices for watch faces. IMHO, they just suck! I've found one that is just barely acceptable. I'm hoping as time goes on we'll see a larger selection and a better selection.

On the bright side, I really love the responsiveness. Notifications from the phone via Bluetooth are nearly instantaneous. The clarity and brightness of the face are incredible. I'm also quite impressed with the functionality of some apps on the watch. Way more functional than the Gear S3 Classic.

Also, setting up the Pay app was quite a chore with the latest app update. Fortunately, a reviewer gave the steps to follow and I was able to get the app installed.

Install Facer. It will open up a whole world of watch faces. Also, just search through the Play Store. Don't go through the Gear app, as it only seems to show like a handful of options.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Another disappointment I've noticed is its inability to accurately track sleep. For example, last night it didn't recognize the first 2hrs and 35 minutes I was asleep. There has been only one night so far that has been even close to picking up when I go to bed.

I have about 50 different faces and most of them are fantastic. Check this Reddit thread as there are a bunch of freebies and developers showing their latest creations.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatchFace/

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

None works fine. Clearly you need to learn how to sleep correctly. 😂