I'm thinking about installing Nova to try to decrease some of the lag. Does it use anymore battery?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-10-2014 07:11 AM
    I'm thinking about installing Nova to try to decrease some of the lag. Does it use anymore battery?

It definitely does not use more battery at all. I use Nova and there is no lag whatsoever.
    jimd1050 and MightyMike like this.
    12-10-2014 07:27 AM
    same here I've been using Nova and it's been great
    12-10-2014 07:48 AM
    It definitely does not use more battery at all. I use Nova and there is no lag whatsoever.
    Great! Thanks!

12-10-2014 07:58 AM
    same here I've been using Nova and it's been great
    Thank you!

12-10-2014 07:58 AM

I just got Nova the other day (Thanks to the folks in here) and like it So much I'm getting the prime. Also, to help with lag you may be experiencing here is a tips video I got from another thread about lag. A few simple tips that made my Note 4 even faster than it already was.

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4
    12-10-2014 11:41 AM
    I just got Nova the other day (Thanks to the folks in here) and like it So much I'm getting the prime. Also, to help with lag you may be experiencing here is a tips video I got from another thread about lag. A few simple tips that made my Note 4 even faster than it already was.

Some people report better performance (iOS like) by increasing the animation scale. Also, when using Nova; double tapping the home button brings up home screen preview , not S voice.
    MightyMike likes this.
    12-10-2014 12:08 PM
    Some people report better performance (iOS like) by increasing the animation scale. Also, when using Nova; double tapping the home button brings up home screen preview , not S voice.
    I turned s voice off. I don't think I ever used it, im still exploring the device. And instead of turning the animations option off in developer mode you are saying try to increase It instead and then weigh What I like best? I'm always looking for advice...that's why I ask.

12-10-2014 12:52 PM
    I turned s voice off. I don't think I ever used it, im still exploring the device. And instead of turning the animations option off in developer mode you are saying try to increase It instead and then weigh What I like best? I'm always looking for advice...that's why I ask.

I dont personally have animations scales increased but it does buy the device a little time to perform tasks. I've found that turning animations completely off causes a small delay.

Currently (In Nova) i have scroll speed set to "faster than light" and animation speed set at "stock"

I've found this to give my device the most fluid feeling UI.

I've also found that NOT clearing apps in the "recent apps" menu keeps frequently used apps opening, closing, and running faster. The RAM provided in the Note 4 is more than capable of handling multiple apps running at once.
    MightyMike likes this.
    12-11-2014 09:59 AM

If you're having some icons redraw when leaving some apps Nova could reduce that. Check "aggressive desktop".
    12-11-2014 11:14 AM
    And instead of turning the animations option off in developer mode you are saying try to increase It instead and then weigh What I like best? I'm always looking for advice...that's why I ask.

I found that turning those animations at 0.5 gives you a great speed feeling.
    MightyMike likes this.
    12-11-2014 11:19 AM
    I found that turning those animations at 0.5 gives you a great speed feeling.
    I've set mine to 0.5 as well after I did setup my phone. Don't notice any real lag on my phone!

MightyMike likes this.
    12-11-2014 03:37 PM
    I dont personally have animations scales increased but it does buy the device a little time to perform tasks. I've found that turning animations completely off causes a small delay.

Currently (In Nova) i have scroll speed set to "faster than light" and animation speed set at "stock"

I've found this to give my device the most fluid feeling UI.

I've also found that NOT clearing apps in the "recent apps" menu keeps frequently used apps opening, closing, and running faster. The RAM provided in the Note 4 is more than capable of handling multiple apps running at once.
    Thanks...I do appreciate the advice from everyone. Just bought Prime today and working on setting everything up.

12-11-2014 06:43 PM