does Nova Launcher use more battery than stock launcher?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about installing Nova to try to decrease some of the lag. Does it use anymore battery?

Posted via the Android Central App

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking about installing Nova to try to decrease some of the lag. Does it use anymore battery?

I just got Nova the other day (Thanks to the folks in here) and like it So much I'm getting the prime. Also, to help with lag you may be experiencing here is a tips video I got from another thread about lag. http://youtu.be/EEjQMM8xplc A few simple tips that made my Note 4 even faster than it already was.

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I just got Nova the other day (Thanks to the folks in here) and like it So much I'm getting the prime. Also, to help with lag you may be experiencing here is a tips video I got from another thread about lag. http://youtu.be/EEjQMM8xplc A few simple tips that made my Note 4 even faster than it already was.

Some people report better performance (iOS like) by increasing the animation scale. Also, when using Nova; double tapping the home button brings up home screen preview , not S voice.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Some people report better performance (iOS like) by increasing the animation scale. Also, when using Nova; double tapping the home button brings up home screen preview , not S voice.

I turned s voice off. I don't think I ever used it, im still exploring the device. And instead of turning the animations option off in developer mode you are saying try to increase It instead and then weigh What I like best? I'm always looking for advice...that's why I ask.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I turned s voice off. I don't think I ever used it, im still exploring the device. And instead of turning the animations option off in developer mode you are saying try to increase It instead and then weigh What I like best? I'm always looking for advice...that's why I ask.

I dont personally have animations scales increased but it does buy the device a little time to perform tasks. I've found that turning animations completely off causes a small delay.

Currently (In Nova) i have scroll speed set to "faster than light" and animation speed set at "stock"

I've found this to give my device the most fluid feeling UI.

I've also found that NOT clearing apps in the "recent apps" menu keeps frequently used apps opening, closing, and running faster. The RAM provided in the Note 4 is more than capable of handling multiple apps running at once.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

If you're having some icons redraw when leaving some apps Nova could reduce that. Check "aggressive desktop".

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
And instead of turning the animations option off in developer mode you are saying try to increase It instead and then weigh What I like best? I'm always looking for advice...that's why I ask.

I found that turning those animations at 0.5 gives you a great speed feeling.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I dont personally have animations scales increased but it does buy the device a little time to perform tasks. I've found that turning animations completely off causes a small delay.

Currently (In Nova) i have scroll speed set to "faster than light" and animation speed set at "stock"

I've found this to give my device the most fluid feeling UI.

I've also found that NOT clearing apps in the "recent apps" menu keeps frequently used apps opening, closing, and running faster. The RAM provided in the Note 4 is more than capable of handling multiple apps running at once.

Thanks...I do appreciate the advice from everyone. Just bought Prime today and working on setting everything up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa