New Note 4 with Snapdragon 810 64 bit and LTE Cat 9 (up to 450mbps down)

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Get the Galaxy Note 4 or wait for the Note 4 (64 bit) or the Galaxy S6?

If your so against the note 4 get note edge the g3 or nexus 6 or wait for the m9 or get a deal on a m8...lol jk that's the way I think I don't care what brand as long as I like it and internals are what I want.. the note 4 is a sick device and I am very happy with it but I could have saved money and got the g3 or m8 or note 3.. or waited for the nexus 6 or m9 lol... good luck with your choice I say note 4.

i hate big phones thats why i got a.. (phablet)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Get the Samsung instinct.

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I recommend the Note 4 but there's a lot of choices if you decide you don't want the best because your mother has it. (??)

from the S5 💸

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I recommend the Note 4 but there's a lot of choices if you decide you don't want the best because your mother has it. (??)

from the S5 💸

That's what I'm saying. Lol. I mean a valid argument would be size or whatever. I don't think mom having it is reason enough to not have the absolute best mobile experience money can buy. Then again that is just me.

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.✒✒

Last edited:

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Well I have been stuck with the Galaxy Note 2 for almost 2 years. It would be 2 years, tomorrow. Yes, my contract ends on New Years Eve. Hurray! So many phones to choose this year.

-I could get the Note 4 tomorrow, no waits what-so-ever.
But, I kinda don't want the Note 4 because my mother has one... So, yeah.

-Well, there IS a upcoming Note 4 (64 bit)
I kinda don't want that one either because the phone would look almost exactly like the Note 4 (32 bit) And I need to wait.

-Galaxy S6? I want to get the S6!
But I have to wait such a long time. Until March or April?

Get the Note 4 or wait for the Note 4 (64 bit) or S6?

If the updated Note 4 is an option that would mean you are moving to Korea. That being the case, I would wait until I got there to decide on a phone. There may be even more options.

NetNet5

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site

I had the same problem as yours and i decided to buy the note 4 last week.
why? if you will keep waiting for new device you never gonna buy one Especially when every 6-7 months new devices are released to the market..
i guess the S6 gonna ba with better camera and And slightly better processor But it will be very small differences not pay any attention to them Because the note 4 is an amazing device that will provide you with everything you need.
So don't think twice and go to buy the note 4 and I'm sure you will not regret.

marrzie

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Wait for the $6 if you are already leaving that way. Probably easier to handle size wise and almost certainly 64 bit which could be nice. You have waited this long so ~3 months more is nothing.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, because having a phone like Mom's would be so uncool! :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Crumbs!
In 5 years or less that capacity and speed may not be adequate for our needs by then.

When are they bringing out holographic sensurround smellovision?

(btw - I read that article yesterday and it doesn't mention 64 bit / sd810, but if that's the only cpu that can do it.... )

Posted via the Android Central App
Like I said before, if isn't just the top end, which might not matter to many, but it can make a difference in the low end where you are in a heavily congested area. I work in a high rise amongst multiple high rises so it makes a difference to me.

If you are always in an area of light load then sure, carrier aggregation won't really matter

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Chi Hyun Ahn

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

Wow this mom thing got really serious...

when I mean my mom has it, I mean that I played around with it and wasn't simply impressed. I want to try something else since I know how the Note 4 feels like.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Wow this mom thing got really serious...

when I mean my mom has it, I mean that I played around with it and wasn't simply impressed. I want to try something else since I know how the Note 4 feels like.

We look for any reason to pounce. :)

Are you exclusively looking at phablets or something as well?

from the IV✒

macdarwin

May 20, 2014
Visit site

Wait for the S6 and note 5, if they doesn't impress you come back and ask if you should wait for S7 and hope your mom doesn't get the phone first.

Posted via the Android Central App

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

Get the note 4. The S6 is along time away and there will never be a 64 bit note 4 in the US. It is only for Korea and will never be available in the US.

Posted via the NOTE 4 or NEXUS 9

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Well I have been stuck with the Galaxy Note 2 for almost 2 years. It would be 2 years, tomorrow. Yes, my contract ends on New Years Eve. Hurray! So many phones to choose this year.

-I could get the Note 4 tomorrow, no waits what-so-ever.
But, I kinda don't want the Note 4 because I already had experience with it... So, yeah.

-Well, there IS a upcoming Note 4 (64 bit)
I kinda don't want that one either because the phone would look almost exactly like the Note 4 (32 bit) And I need to wait.

-Galaxy S6? I want to get the S6!
But I have to wait such a long time. Until March or April?

Get the Note 4 or wait for the Note 4 (64 bit) or S6?

I hear ya. I have a Note 3 and have an opportunity to upgrade. I really do not want the Note 4 because it will feel like the Note 3. There really is no desire to upgrade it when I go in to pull the trigger. Then there is the Note Edge. It is a different device. Does it make me jump at the chance? No not really. I am growing tired of reconfiguring the phones each time i get a new one.

I did decide recently to try and go with a Pure Android Experience. I acquired the Moto X. Lasted for a couple of days and the battery life was not great. Decided to go back to the Note 3. The Droid Turbo was announced and I told myself that would be the phone. Then it came out and I heard about the Nexus 6. I was all over that one too.

Point is, sounds like your happy with the Note 2 and nothing is really compelling you to upgrade. When I upgraded to the Note 3, I was very certain that was going to be the phone of choice. I do not see the current devices to be all that much different than what I have nor motivating me to run out and get another. I hope that helps.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Right now so far as I know there is no advantage to a 64 bit OS because virtually all apps are 32 bit. I'm sure that will change in the future but by that time you'll be ready for another upgrade. Also the S Pen, to me that's reason enough by itself to get the N4.