On the fence about switching from iPhone to Galaxy Note 4

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been the exact opposite; Apple guy while dabbling in pretty much everything else (Palm Treo still being my favorite!)...

iOS, while having its obvious positives, hasn't really done anything for me lately. I miss the Skeuomorphism of pre iOS 7 for some reason. With Android, and others, I enjoy tinkering on my phone in moments when I feel like it.

The 6 Plus is an awesome phone, just miss the things that come with an Android. I know there will be trade-offs, but it's something I'm willing to do.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Yeah, my biggest issue is that there is really NO customization. This is a great phone. Battery life is phenomenal. Screen and camera both look great. But I miss having quick easy glances at a couple of screens to see some information without having to click on an icon in a sea of icons. And I miss the feeling of making it mine. I'm also heavily invested in everything Google - which doesn't make it impossible to use iOS, just not quite as handy.

I do have some issues with fragmentation of Android - primarily that you have to wait sometimes months for the next update. I like that there's no waiting with iOS. I'm going to give it a couple more days, because I need to make sure I get that bill credit if I'm going with the Note.

Thanks for your reply. I look forward to hearing your thoughts once you get it.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I had been using iPhones since the original and was currently using a 5S and a Nexus 4. I had a hard time trying to decide on what phone to get between the Note 4, Note Edge and the 6+. Then I remembered something I had done on my Nexus 4 last week that made up my mind. I had opened a page on Facebook in the app and left it there all day so that I could reply to a message once I got home and not forget about it. After using the phone all day with various apps, I got home and opened FB. It was still at the page I opened it to that morning. I could never do such a thing on the iPhone with it's limited RAM because after a while, apps will reopen losing the page you were last on.

Also over the last two years. so many of my favorite apps have caught up to the iOS versions and some are even better because they have more freedom on the Android system.

I have a Note 4 being delivered today. I'll still use my 5S and use that on my $30 T-Mobile plan and the Note 4 on my main plan. I enjoy using both platforms. The 6+ just isn't ready this year with 1GB RAM. Cab't wait to get my phone today!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Makes ur phone a Hell of a LOT slower!

This is not always true. A jailbroken iPhone can get slow if you modify too much .. just like a rooted Android phone can. The fact of rooting or JB isn't what causes the issue .. it is what the user modifies.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, my biggest issue is that there is really NO customization. This is a great phone. Battery life is phenomenal. Screen and camera both look great. But I miss having quick easy glances at a couple of screens to see some information without having to click on an icon in a sea of icons. And I miss the feeling of making it mine. I'm also heavily invested in everything Google - which doesn't make it impossible to use iOS, just not quite as handy.

I do have some issues with fragmentation of Android - primarily that you have to wait sometimes months for the next update. I like that there's no waiting with iOS. I'm going to give it a couple more days, because I need to make sure I get that bill credit if I'm going with the Note.

Thanks for your reply. I look forward to hearing your thoughts once you get it.
First night in, so far so good. Missed the ability to do anything I want with my phone!! So far I've only been able to download all of my apps and move over contacts, photos, etc...weird thing though. My LED notification light isn't working for some reason??? Other than that, great to be back on Android!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
First night in, so far so good. Missed the ability to do anything I want with my phone!! So far I've only been able to download all of my apps and move over contacts, photos, etc...weird thing though. My LED notification light isn't working for some reason??? Other than that, great to be back on Android!

I'm still trying to decide. I may stick with this until the Nexus 6 is more readily available. Not like iPhones are hard to sell. Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm a 3 phone guy. I like change, I like gadgets. All I need now is an iPhone 6+ (and Apple Watch) and I should be good for a while.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
How bout u both download tango or oovoo like me and my iPhone buddies do.

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 4 LTE using Tapatalk

Well, then I'd have to inconvenience all those iOSers that want to video chat with me with a solution that likely isn't as seemless. If I keep an iOS device I'm the only one who is ever inconvenienced. The needs of the many....