Holy Cow! Insurace Worked!

Pete777

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,
Just wanted to share some positive stuff....Last May when I upgraded from an HTC One-X to the Note 3, for the first time ever I begrudgingly added device insurance with my carrier (AT&T). Well, a week and a half ago while I was sitting with the phone on my lap (in a hard case), it slipped off and - almost in slow motion - hit the brick patio putting a crack in the screen.

Long story short, after calling I Break U Fix and getting a quote for $250.00 to replace the screen, I called the insurance company and they wanted a $99.00 deductible and would replace the phone. I figured they would send me another Note 3 but when I filed the claim, they said they would send me a new Note 4! Bonus!

Here's the kicker - I filed the claim online at 5 pm on a Friday and it was on my doorstep at 9 am the next day! FedEx Overnight!
I was very impressed.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nice! Yeah, sometimes it might seem like a costly addition, but it's better to be safe than sorry! And in your case, it worked even better: New model!

sloppygti

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
This guy lol same thing happened to me someone on this forum is associated with asurion and commented on my post about them sending replacement note 4 for note 3 total bonus

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It could be that they are out of Note 3's, so they replace with the comparable or better device. Keep in mind, if they get back enough Note 3's which they repair, then they might still send you out a Note 3. So it isn't a guarantee. But certainly a nice perk!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,
Just wanted to share some positive stuff....Last May when I upgraded from an HTC One-X to the Note 3, for the first time ever I begrudgingly added device insurance with my carrier (AT&T). Well, a week and a half ago while I was sitting with the phone on my lap (in a hard case), it slipped off and - almost in slow motion - hit the brick patio putting a crack in the screen.

Long story short, after calling I Break U Fix and getting a quote for $250.00 to replace the screen, I called the insurance company and they wanted a $99.00 deductible and would replace the phone. I figured they would send me another Note 3 but when I filed the claim, they said they would send me a new Note 4! Bonus!

Here's the kicker - I filed the claim online at 5 pm on a Friday and it was on my doorstep at 9 am the next day! FedEx Overnight!
I was very impressed.

Thanks for sharing your experience Pete77! We love hearing from our valued customers. Enjoy!

bpeter

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Because of the excellent service I received when my daughter dropped her phone in the toilet, I will always be getting all of my family-related cellphone insurance from Asurion. There are probably other cellphone insurance companies out there but as long as Asurion is in business, I won’t need the others. My daughter (in a different part of the state), called me late at night, I called Asurion, and had a replacement (same make and model) the next day. Customer service doesn’t get much better than that.

Thirst91

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I like Asurion but recently switched to one called Tech Protect so that I could get a in store replacement. I might switch back though if they are replacing broken phones with new phones not refurbished.

bpeter

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
If your comment is pertaining to my post, I didn't say that my daughter's replacement phone was "new". It was a refurbished Moto but in excellent condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress