Words of Caution about warranty

Cprtt8

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has a post yet, but I just want to warn people about how to warranty works with Verizon, Samsung, and their equipment. I have a new note 4 and the charging cable went bad, no damage, just stopped working. I took it back to verizon who tried to give me some junk aftermarket replacement. I refused and advised I wanted a factory replacement. I was told I would have to contact Samsung for a factory replacement.
Here is the first problem, in the US to sell a product you can't uphold the warranty on is a big no no.
I contacted Samsung after speaking to a customer service agent was told I would have to send the cable to Samsung to be evaluated and they would send me a new one if they decide it is in fact not working. When asked about how long it will take, they advised it could be a month or so.
This is unacceptable, I have had Samsung tablets and devices for a long time and I had never had a problem. I am missing my iPhone now. Last Samsung item I purchase and last contract I set up with Version.

Posted via the Android Central App

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Words of Caution

It won't take a month. I've sent stuff in, and it's been back in just over a week from the time it left me. But for a cable?! I would've saved myself the trouble and just taken the free one.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If it's a new phone, I would have packed it back in the box, cable and all, and asked for a replacement. "It doesn't charge." Then Samsung will get on Verizon for not just replacing the cable, because they now have to completely evaluate the phone, so they can send it back as a refurb - and eat the difference and the shipping.

Cprtt8

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

It won't take a month. I've sent stuff in, and it's been back in just over a week from the time it left me. But for a cable?! I would've saved myself the trouble and just taken the free one.

I would have, but the connector for the cable they were trying to give me was not OEM specs so I would have had to remove my case whenever I needed to charge the phone. If it was OEM I probably would have been satisfied.

ehstaley

May 8, 2011
Visit site

I would have, but the connector for the cable they were trying to give me was not OEM specs so I would have had to remove my case whenever I needed to charge the phone. If it was OEM I probably would have been satisfied.

What case do you have? I have a Supcase and can't imagine a micro USB connector that wouldn't fit.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I mean honestly it's just a charging cable. They can go bad. iPhone is not exempt from charging cable problems either.

Cavboygt

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

100% right I got iphone 6plus stock cable, belkins, radio shack and best buy insignia they always break between cable and charger meet. Love micro USB cable I can pick up one anyplace and cheap too.

Note 4 strong Posted via the Android Central App

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site

I think I get your point however you may be going to a little extreme. I have multiple devices and multiple charging cables. This happen I wouldn't stop using my note 4 over it. I also wouldn't leave vzw and their network over that

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

I have so many cables of various brands laying around that my original Samsung cable is still in the box.
No drama here over a cable.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I have so many cables of various brands laying around that my original Samsung cable is still in the box.
No drama here over a cable.

Same. I am still using the cable that came with my Nexus 4 two years ago. It works perfectly with the fast charger as it's just a cable. If you've bought phones over the past few years, you start collecting cables. Lots of cables.

jwt873

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

I've got a lot of spare cables here too.. The USB cable in my old Note 2 failed on my a year or so ago. The phone wouldn't charge. I just grabbed one of the ones I had lying around and swapped the cables. It was black instead of white, but worked just fine.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has a post yet, but I just want to warn people about how to warranty works with Verizon, Samsung, and their equipment. I have a new note 4 and the charging cable went bad, no damage, just stopped working. I took it back to verizon who tried to give me some junk aftermarket replacement. I refused and advised I wanted a factory replacement. I was told I would have to contact Samsung for a factory replacement.
Here is the first problem, in the US to sell a product you can't uphold the warranty on is a big no no.
I contacted Samsung after speaking to a customer service agent was told I would have to send the cable to Samsung to be evaluated and they would send me a new one if they decide it is in fact not working. When asked about how long it will take, they advised it could be a month or so.
This is unacceptable, I have had Samsung tablets and devices for a long time and I had never had a problem. I am missing my iPhone now. Last Samsung item I purchase and last contract I set up with Version.

Just to be clear, this is a Samsung device and legally speaking, you must contact Samsung for warranty service. Verizon may provide warranty service, but they are not legally required to do so. Verizon doesn't stock OEM cables, there are just so many of them. I don't believe that the other carriers would give you stock OEM cables either.

In case you haven't read the warranty :

" What must you do to obtain warranty service? To obtain service under this Limited Warranty, you must return the Product to an authorized phone service facility in an adequate container for shipping, accompanied by the sales receipt or comparable proof of sale showing the original date of purchase, the serial number of the Product and the seller’s name and address. To obtain assistance on where to deliver the Product, please call SAMSUNG Customer Care at 1-888-987-4357. If SAMSUNG determines that any Product is not covered by this Limited Warranty, you must pay all parts, shipping, and labor charges for the repair or return of such Product. You should keep a separate backup copy of any contents of the Product before delivering the Product to SAMSUNG for warranty service, as some or all of the contents may be deleted or reformatted during the course of warranty service."
uploadfromtaptalk1425394757383.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty