How do I root a Samsung Note 4?

Tevin Jones

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Root samsung Note 4

I want to root my Samsung Note 4 by AT&T. it's 4.4.4 Kit-Kat and N910A model number. Any idea's. Ps. Don't want to Brick it lol.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Root samsung Note 4

I want to root my Samsung Note 4 by AT&T. it's 4.4.4 Kit-Kat and N910A model number. Any idea's. Ps. Don't want to Brick it lol.

Why do u wanna root it? just so that u can get lollipop? or put a custom ROM...
trust me it's not a good thing to do to your phone, I have had the unfortunate experience from my past phone, and I have decided not to root any phone from now on...including my note 4!!

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

I'm curious as to why some people root. Is there a real advantage? I'm not as knowledgeable about android as most of you are.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

The main reason I'd root this is to change the dpi. Too new to gamble now though, I've rooted and flashed a good few times, the only time I ballsed it up was my note 2....

My Android line up: HTC One M7, Note 2, Moto G 4G, Oneplus One, Note 4.

NCzerniak83

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site

trust me it's not a good thing to do to your phone, I have had the unfortunate experience from my past phone, and I have decided not to root any phone from now on...including my note 4!!

Why did you want to root your last phone? A lot of us are not happy with the stock versions of most homes. My primary puppies being bloatware, preinstalled apps, and a lack of ability to set certain settings, overclock the CPU, or underclock it to save battery power... The list goes on. Rooting your phone give you so much more control, and let you do so much more with it. Sure there are downfalls, like voiding your warranty or bricking it. But why ask somebody why they want to root? To each his own. I prefer to root.

Posted via the Android Central App

NCzerniak83

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site

I'm curious as to why some people root. Is there a real advantage? I'm not as knowledgeable about android as most of you are.

The simplest way to put it is that it gives you a huge range of abilities with your phone when you root. you can delete system apps, speed up the CPU, slow it down for a better battery performance, etc.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I rooted only so that I could block ads in apps and browsers with Adaway.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

If I were going to root one of the reasons would be to uninstall bloat, not just disable it.

📐♻from the dark side of the n.Edge✒

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm curious as to why some people root. Is there a real advantage?
Do you like driving a car with a tiller and no seats? That's what it's like going from a real Linux installation to the kernel Google gives us. I want to be able to get to any file anywhere on my phone - maybe just to see it, maybe to modify it, maybe to delete it. If you look in /data, you'll see an empty folder. It's not, it has a lot of folders in it, but they're only visible (let alone accessible) to superuser (which is what rooting gives you - the ability to "be" superuser).

Running an unrooted phone feels, to someone who uses Linux, like being severely crippled. I usually root my phones as a matter of course, the same way I check the gas, oil and tire pressures in my car before a long drive. Not because I know I'll need it, but the car should have a full tank, enough oil to reach the fill line and proper pressure in the tires. And Linux should have su as one of its commands.

There's a reason Google doesn't include rooting in Android, though. Typing

su
rm -r -f /*

in a terminal app will reduce your phone to a box of useless hardware with recovery and download partitions. It's why Walmart doesn't sell dynamite.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Do you like driving a car with a tiller and no seats? That's what it's like going from a real Linux installation to the kernel Google gives us. I want to be able to get to any file anywhere on my phone - maybe just to see it, maybe to modify it, maybe to delete it. If you look in /data, you'll see an empty folder. It's not, it has a lot of folders in it, but they're only visible (let alone accessible) to superuser (which is what rooting gives you - the ability to "be" superuser).

Running an unrooted phone feels, to someone who uses Linux, like being severely crippled. I usually root my phones as a matter of course, the same way I check the gas, oil and tire pressures in my car before a long drive. Not because I know I'll need it, but the car should have a full tank, enough oil to reach the fill line and proper pressure in the tires. And Linux should have su as one of its commands.

There's a reason Google doesn't include rooting in Android, though. Typing

su
rm -r -f /*

in a terminal app will reduce your phone to a box of useless hardware with recovery and download partitions. It's why Walmart doesn't sell dynamite.
Your answer makes sense to me. Unfortunately, I'm not the most tech savvy person in the world. I'm sure that I'd somehow screw up and render my phone useless. However, after some thought, I don't think rooting is necessary for my phone use. I'm satisfied with it the way that it is.

Last edited:

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I've rooted all my phones. I'd root the Note 4 just so I could replace that annoying drip screen touch sound. Freeze apps with titanium backup, to try a stock custom Rom or two which are optimized and debloated. Even try AOSP and CyanogenMod roms. Unfortunately you lose the S pen and the camera which isn't a good thing.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I root to be able to uninstall bloatware.

If you are still on KitKat, check xda, they will have a thread for the AT&T version on KitKat about how to root and it is step by step instructions.

You will not be able to root the AT&T Note 4 yet.

I always root and leave TouchWiz and you lose none of the features.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I have rooted/Jailbroken every device I've ever had, since the iPhone was first introduced in 2007....and NEVER have I bricked a device..there's been some close calls, but I came out of it every time. If you decided to, make sure you get your "how to's" from here, or XDA's site. Make sure you have a dependable PC and USB ports too.

Chris

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I think rooting your phone is one of those things if you need to ask how and why, you probably shouldn't.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Salvador Ortiz

May 2, 2013
Visit site