Waterproof phone pouches

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to Miami in 2 months and I am considering buying one of those waterproof pouches like the one below. I wanted to know do they really work and protect the phone? Is it a waste of money?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-15-21-05-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-15-21-05-13.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 39

nemopsp

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I'll b honest with you... I do live in Florida and I go boating weekly. I do see people use them and they do work but I don't trust them... Technology and Water don't go together.

If your by water just be careful and you'll b fine but your call if you want to buy that... but if it fails than there goes your nice phone... which would b my luck

I've seen Galaxy S5 fail as well cause even tho its water proof the seal can fail... plus Florida is all saltwater, which Galaxy S5 is not saltwater water proof, because salt is too corrosive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'll b honest with you... I do live in Florida and I go boating weekly. I do see people use them and they do work but I don't trust them... Technology and Water don't go together.

If your by water just be careful and you'll b fine but your call if you want to buy that... but if it fails than there goes your nice phone... which would b my luck

That's what I'm afraid of. I can't swim so my phone wouldn't be under water but I would like to keep my phone close and not leave it in a bag on the beach while I'm sticking my feet in.

nemopsp

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
That's what I'm afraid of. I can't swim so my phone wouldn't be under water but I would like to keep my phone close and not leave it in a bag on the beach while I'm sticking my feet in.

I just use normal cases to the beach but try to keep sand away from it too, and you'll b fine :) I've done this with many iPhones in the past years...

Haven't done this with the Note 4 besides goin on a boat, but haven't gone to the beach yet it's still abit early in the year, water is still to chilly for me but I will this summer.. in about 2 months as well.

Tho I do recommend after leaving the beach take you case off if you use one, and try to get all the sand off it, don't want to scratch anything! Also I don't use screen protectors

And as long as it's not goin in the water, you can buy one to make you feel safer but that is up to you

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to Miami in 2 months and I am considering buying one of those waterproof pouches like the one below. I wanted to know do they really work and protect the phone? Is it a waste of money?

I used a red pepper waterproof case on my note 3 numerous times in the keys. It worked great for me. Used it for snorkeling and just all around protection in the sand at the beach and boat. The sound for calls was terrible but I only used it in the boat anyways. Took off at the end of the day. I'm going to order one of these for my note 4 when they come out.
Note 4 Waterproof Case, Ghostek Atomic White Samsung Galaxy Note 4 ... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OQGJE42...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4286875