How can I link my contacts on my new phone?

fyrfytr24

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Non-Linking contacts

Due to issues (not service related) I jumped ship from Verizion to Sprint. Since I couldn't take my S3 with me I had to get something new, ended up with the Note 4. I thought it would be too big, but I really like it.

The Sprint guy hooked up my S3 and transferred all of my contacts to the Note 4 for me...but when they transferred they were all jacked up. All of the linked contacts became unlinked so some people have 4 contact pages. I didn't think it would be an issue, give me something to do at work. Yeah, not a good time. I click to link them and I get the little popup at the bottom that says contacts linked, but they do not link. It did that to me for every contact I tried to link. That was on 4.4.4. Yesterday I did the 5.0..1 update and that did not fix the issue.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Non-Linking contacts

If your contacts were all saved as Google contacts and are visible in Gmail online, you could try:

Turning sync off on the phone.
Delete all Contacts on the phone.
Turn sync on and resync.

If your contacts were not synced to Google I don't know what you can do. I wonder what the Sprint guy did that fouled up your contacts?

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

fyrfytr24

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

I don't necessarily know that he filed them up. They are all there, what isn't there is the old links between them

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

I don't know what you mean by "I don't necessarily know that he filed them up.". What is 'filed them up'?

I realize it's just the links that are missing. I'm not clear about what the Sprint guy did that broke them. Anyway, that's why I suggest deleting them on the phone and restoring from Google. I hope you saved your contacts there.

The idea is to restore contacts with intact links. With luck, your online contacts have the links intact and restoring the phone contacts from online will be the fix. Worth a shot. The worst that can happen is things stay as they are.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress