Lollipop Battery is fully charged notification issue.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I hope I'm missing something. Samsung thinks it's necessary to give us a notification that the battery is fully charged. On kit Kat it would pop up and then go away, lollipop it stays on the whole time. I use my phone as my alarm clock which displays the time, the time moves every so often to prevent burn in, but that damn battery full notification stays on and motionless, till I swipe it off.

I know there is a root method to disable that useless notification. Is there another way to block it or at least have it go off in a few seconds.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I hope I'm missing something. Samsung thinks it's necessary to give us a notification that the battery is fully charged. On kit Kat it would pop up and then go away, lollipop it stays on the whole time. I use my phone as my alarm clock which displays the time, the time moves every so often to prevent burn in, but that damn battery full notification stays on and motionless, till I swipe it off.

I know there is a root method to disable that useless notification. Is there another way to block it or at least have it go off in a few seconds.

The only way I have seen to do it is with root.

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree with OP, this is very annoying that you can't turn this off somehow. Happens to me in the car and covers up half of my map.

jedi105

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
This is perhaps one of the most annoying habits that Google and Samsung seem to have. They like to think they are better than everyone so they go ahead and code stupid garbage like this into their software. this is quite annoying as it interferes with any number of legitimate reasons why someone would leave a phone plugged in. The most notable being....I'M BLEEPING SLEEPING YOU FN *****. It even overrides automate-it pro and do not disturb modes. WTF.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't usually root, but if root is found for note 4 lollipop, this would be the only reason I would do it. At least on kit Kat the notification disappeared after set time and just remained in the notification box. That was fine if they really think we need this useless feature, just get it off my screen.

There is absolutely no need for this crap, picture below.

987c50ae58df9c0746a8bfd8e887d7d5.jpg

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It's telling you to unplug your charger. So unplug It and it will go away.

Posted via the Android Central App

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
you can swipe it away but i also use it as alarm clock. its annoying as hell. its like a spot light turned on in a dark room

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
you can swipe it away but i also use it as alarm clock. its annoying as hell. its like a spot light turned on in a dark room
Yes, your understanding this. I know you can swipe it away, but in a dark room you have the alarm display dimmed and then here pops up a very bright notification. At least give us a way to disable it if we want to. Let's hope for root, but not holding my breath. Sucks I have to root phone just for something as stupid as this.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Does it prevent the alarm from going off? Yes it can be annoying to look at, but I don't get what the issue is. *Kanye shrug*

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It's like a spot light shining in your room. I like android to, but I'm not going to be as they say, a fan boy. Android has stupid issues just like iPhone does. I don't know what the issue is with just making this a feature that can be turned off. I don't need that notification, I can easily look at the battery to see if it's charged, so it's a useless feature IMO, and shines a light in my face in the middle of the night...That's the issue

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Your alarm should still go off and wake you up. My screen is off when I sleep. Why do you need to see your clock while you sleep?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
With the quick charge I plug in when I get home. Zaps to 60% or more while I have dinner or whatever.. Plenty to get through the night. Charge it the rest while getting ready for work. Or find another charge schedule. With the quick charge you don't really have to put it on charger while sleeping for a whole night.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
ok, last night i shut off all battery notifications on the phone and it didnt show the bar when fully charged. is it just gsam battery app doing it maybe ?

i need to see if i can figure a way for tasker to shut off battery notifications when im sleeping.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
When my phone hit 100 I didn't get a notification while my screen was off. The charge led changed color.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Your alarm should still go off and wake you up. My screen is off when I sleep. Why do you need to see your clock while you sleep?
I use it as a alarm clock. I like to see what time it is if I wake up to go to bathroom. Wonder why alarm clocks have always had a time displayed, your sleeping why have it displayed.

People are missing the point, the notification is a useless feature, why should we have to deal with it in the first place, even by putting the phone upside down, it's a useless feature.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
With the quick charge I plug in when I get home. Zaps to 60% or more while I have dinner or whatever.. Plenty to get through the night. Charge it the rest while getting ready for work. Or find another charge schedule. With the quick charge you don't really have to put it on charger while sleeping for a whole night.
If I want to use it as an alarm clock I do. Everyone seems to be missing that important part