My Note 4 is heating, is my phone alright?

A

AC Question

My note 4 is heating!!

Im sorry for asking this question again , but , my Note 4 (SM-N910G) is getting really WARM!!!1 D: , While browsing the internet my phone's cpu reaches to about 53 C .
When my note 4 is idling the cpu temp is around 43 C :3

I got my phone checked out from the shop where I bought it from and the rep over there said its normal ._. , they said that the temperatures im getting is expected due to my phone being new therefore my phone and the battery has to 'settle in ( it has to 'settle in' eventhough its been around 3 weeks since I had it) D :

the portion near the camera also gets slightly warm when I use normal apps such as instagram or whatsapp D; , (The phone screen does get warm when im on whatsapp or instagram for a while)

My ambient temperature is around 34 C so yea ...

Is my phone alright? or am I just being paranoid?

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: My note 4 is heating!!

I'd say that's very unusual and very hot. It should not get that hot. I checked my battery temp (in GSAM app) and the highest I saw over the last 4 days was 80° F. That's 47° F lower than your max.

Even if you were in a very weak cell signal area, making your phone work harder to maintain a signal, I'd say that is still way too hot.

Does it get hot the same way when on Wi-Fi?

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Im sorry for asking this question again , but , my Note 4 (SM-N910G) is getting really WARM!!!1 D: , While browsing the internet my phone's cpu reaches to about 53 C .
When my note 4 is idling the cpu temp is around 43 C :3

Just to clarify, are you saying CPU temp or battery temp.

My stats above were for battery.

I just installed an app to check my CPU temp and it shows 140+° F (much more than you reported). And my phone does not feel hot at all.

Attachments

• 1430455091356.jpg
    1430455091356.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 50

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

To the OP, it would help if you registered on this forum so that you could continue the discussion in the previous thread you created. It sounds like you posted before, but there's no way for us to know which thread you started, since it's anonymous.

As mentioned by goin_nil, poor cell signal can cause overheating--how is the signal? Also, a corrupt file on the SD card can also cause overheating, because the system's Media Scanner can get stuck trying to scan that file, making the CPU work overtime and get hot. Unmount the card (in Settings>Storage) and remove it, then see if the overheating continues. You can also put the card into your computer's reader and run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

Iamcarrotman

May 1, 2015
Visit site

Hi , thanks for replying! , woah that temp is really low o; , and I was talking about my cpu temp , my battery temp according to the GSAM app is 95 F when on heavy use , and no im not in a weak signal area :( , I think its the room temp thats causing all this heat It is really hot around here (32 C today!) , could it be?

Iamcarrotman

May 1, 2015
Visit site

Hi!!! , thanks for replying and like you said I made an account c; , anyway I tried what you suggested and it did not reduce the heat! , although I did factory reset my phone then I got rid of a bunch of unwanted apps and that seemed to almost do the trick! , the heat did reduce a lot , but , even though the heat reduced its still noticeable , According to battery usage , the android system is taking up most of the battery at 5% while the screen is taking 3% and android OS taking around 2% , could the android system be the culprit to the endless heat?

PS : my screen's display is set to auto 4+

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

What temp is the CPU hitting now? It's normal for the phone to get a bit warm when running some CPU-intensive apps, so you might have fixed the issue by uninstalling one of the other apps--maybe one of them was misbehaving.

Android System encompasses a lot of different components, as you can imagine. It's always normal for Android System or Android OS to be using a decent amount of battery, because it's always working. But it can be difficult to tell sometimes if some specific component of the system is causing problems.

Wolfseye

May 28, 2015
Visit site

I have my Note 4 SM-N910F since yesterday and did intall LP 5.0.1 via OTA. So I didnt really check how it was with 4.4.4. My previous phone, the Note 3 was never really warm compared to what I feel now on the Note 4. Just for testing I installed a pretty demanding Game called MODERN COMBAT 5 (really never played or cared for it before) and I checked the Temps with CPU-Z in between playing. It was around 59 degrees celsius. In normal use of just going through the phone or checking settings its usually around 40 / 42 degrees. Is that already much and is there a problem I can find to make that better, or is just going back from LP to KitKat the best solution ?

Currently I run Stock LP and was considering going with a custom Rom. Do these have the same issues regarding heat or are they better with that ?

Thanks so much.

Wolfseye

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I have my Note 4 SM-N910F since yesterday and did intall LP 5.0.1 via OTA. So I didnt really check how it was with 4.4.4. My previous phone, the Note 3 was never really warm compared to what I feel now on the Note 4. Just for testing I installed a pretty demanding Game called MODERN COMBAT 5 (really never played or cared for it before) and I checked the Temps with CPU-Z in between playing. It was around 59 degrees celsius. In normal use of just going through the phone or checking settings its usually around 40 / 42 degrees. Is that already much and is there a problem I can find to make that better, or is just going back from LP to KitKat the best solution ?

Currently I run Stock LP and was considering going with a custom Rom. Do these have the same issues regarding heat or are they better with that ?

Thanks so much.

Wolfseye

New phone and newly reset phones, always warm up until after the first charge.

I've had that happen every time with both occasions and even when I had a motherboard replaced and got my phone back from that repair.