Verizon Note 4 Locking up

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Recently I have been having issues where my phone will lock up at the lock screen, I cannot get out of it by swiping, if I try to shut down or reboot, I get the menu when I click on the power button, however, I cannot choose an option. Have to pull the battery to get it back. It seems random, I use my device pretty heavily, the issues happen sometimes when I pick it up after noon using it for a while. I am using Nova as a launcher and I do use Sonos quite a bit, no games, standard messaging app, standard email client, Hmmm maybe it's Facebook?

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My Note 4 worked great even after the lollipop 5.01 update about 6 weeks later started having lockups my mostly seems when it's in Facebook. I've tried deleting the Facebook app clearing the cache and re-downloading.

Posted via the Android Central App

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok that was weird, as I was about finished following up to your post yellowcanary73, Tapatalk closed and I had a message the application wasn't installed! As I was saying, before it closed, I didn't have any issues with Lollipop either early on, battery life had been great, however the lockups are really a problem, maybe it is Facebook, as I didn't have the app installed early on, I always used to just use the Web from my phone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Facebook has an issue with updating outside of the Play Store. I've talked to Facebook about it and Samsung and my carrier. It either updates silently for you or causes a problem. I would call Samsung.
This only happens on the pre-installed Facebook app.