How to Use Google Calendar Exclusively

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone use Google Calendar exclusively? I've not found a way yet to use just Google Calendar. Upon first install I get the "Google Calendar has stopped" error. Opening the app again works, but nothing syncs from my online calendar.

By exclusively, I've disabled the Samsung Calendar apps that can be disabled. The 120KB Calendar can't be disabled (shown below) as I don't want duplicate calendar events/reminders to pop up.

Is there an easier way to not use the Samsung Calendar so that I can only use Google Calendar? I don't mind the Samsung Calendar being installed or even active, just don't want to use it.

Screenshot_2015-07-12-09-24-07.jpg

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I disable the Samsung calendar but I still get some of its alerts. Not sure why, but my configuration is a bit strange. I do not use the Google calendar on the desktop. I use my Microsoft Outlook calendar. I love the Google calendar on the phone.

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I would go to the Calendar app, open and click on the three dots at the bottom. I believe this will show you all the Calendars that have access to your Calendar. Click them all off except the Google Calendar and see if this works. Good Luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch