No more Note 4's Available??

bawalker

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Earlier today when searching various major websites regarding possibly purchasing a Note 4, there were hardly any Note 4's left to be found. Being that I have a Note 2 that is 8 months out of contract and waiting on the Note 5 specs (which I was severely under impressed with), I've been considering the Note 4 as my only option. I'm a power user and need replaceable batteries and SD card slots.

Keep in mind when searching, I am a Sprint user due to those being the only towers we have in our area.

Anyway I first checked on wireless.amazon.com and only found a few white Note 4's which were new. All of the Charcoal Blacks were used or refurbs.

Sprint.com has no mention of Note 4's at all of either color. Just the Note 5 preorder page.

Wirefly.com simply redirects me to the Sprint page when inquiring about a Note 4 on my unlimited data plan.

Lastly, going to BestBuy's mobile site does show both charcoal and white Note 4's on sale for $199 with a 2 year contract.

I guess I'm wondering, is Samsung trying to phase out the Note 4's like it's disco music or something? I'm looking to buy a upgrade soon, but depending on a job change possibly relocating me, I am hesitant to pull the trigger right now, but wait another month or so. But I'm wondering if I do, will the Note 4's be entirely gone?

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Sprint to. I just got my Note 4 Frost White from Best Buy last month. It will be back on the site. Check daily. I got mine for a $1 upgrade on July 14th and they did the same thing on July 24th. I think the Note 5 is a solid phone but it in no way is leaps and bounds better than the Note 4. I was gonna wait for the Note 5 but glad I got the Note 4. I feel like Samsung took a year off with the Note series this time.

~Blessed From My Note 4~

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm

60dbabe1b6773b833b1a39c39e857542.jpg

from the Elegance

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Sprint user here with same problem. Spent three days searching and researching and hours on the phone with Sprint today. No Note 4s to be found with Sprint near me except one in white. White is not my color. They won't be getting anymore either. Amazon also has the white one. I gave up and bought a "used-like new" black N4. Good luck with your search. Mine was a pain.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Sounds weird, as a matter of fact loads of retailers on Europe are doing discounts on the Note 4 before the release of the S6+

Also according to recent sources, the Note 4 production hasn't been stopped so... It sounds weird. (Especially for European Market due to the lack of the release of Note 5)

bawalker

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
That does sound weird. What's weirder, is that of the two places I've found the Note 4 here in the states is that it's still $299.99, IF it's in stock. One place had a mail in rebate which I'm never fond of while everyone else is out of stock and eliminating listings of the Note 4. I totally don't understand that.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Sprint made a pact with the devil to remove stock so the Note 5 would sell better. Can't get the Note 4 from Sprint anymore, anywhere, and I had to drive two hours to get mine from BB. Last one anywhere in my area.

bawalker

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Sprint and they are entirely out of stock of any Note 4's and do not plan on getting any more in. Boy were they pushy for wanting to sell me a Note 5 or an S6 Edge. The lady was kind of taken back that I refused either one of those because of the lack of SD card slot and user removable battery.

I greatly fear I may have to abandon Sprint to get a Note 4 and go to AT&T instead. The sad thing is, hardly any coverage exists for them here as well as the capped data plans. As much as I want a Note 4, paying $300 cash up front isn't something I can do just at the moment till I save a little bit more. It just feels like as a consumer, I'm getting taken advantage of in order to push the latest and greatest on me (Note 5) which is something I don't want.

bawalker

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Called Best Buy since they have a Note 4 available for $299 to see if they would price match, they said they do not price match contract based phones. That seems to be contrary to what I've seen others share on here...?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The Note 4 is still being manufactured. The T-Mobile designation is 910T3, and it has 5.1.1. The earlier production run is 910T,and still has 5.0.1.

Posted via the Android Central App

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
What's gonna happen when next year comes and LG follows suit with everyone else?

And no one offers external anything? You're stuck with a old phone running lollipop with battery life issues.

I wouldn't based my choice on a phone with that.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I was with them for 9 years. Left last year because of inconsistent service and unfulfilled promises.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Like I posted on xda - I've very close to moving to Tmob. My contract is up soon and I bet they would love to have my more than fifteen year business. Combined with my family's business, they stand to lose a lot of goodwill and income from us.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
What's gonna happen when next year comes and LG follows suit with everyone else?

And no one offers external anything? You're stuck with a old phone running lollipop with battery life issues.

I wouldn't based my choice on a phone with that.

Given that my Note 3 is still running and doing amazing, I'm not worried at all. Old phone with battery issues? Not here. No issues with my N3 so I can step back any time. Both the Note 3 and Note 4 are beast powerhouses that are perfect for business people.

bawalker

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I was with them for 9 years. Left last year because of inconsistent service and unfulfilled promises.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Maddening is right! Where I live Sprint has a business agreement with the local teleco to sell their products and thus have a priority for towers in the area. There is excellent LTE coverage by Sprint, although AT&T has one or two towers in the county and their service is OK. But switching for me is truly a last ditch effort to get a phone I want/need. T-Mobile? Just 2G/Roaming/Partner coverage within 10 miles. Closet 4G is over an hour away in the next state over. Verizon? Nope. Nearest verizon tower in WV is over 3 hours away, or again I would have to cross into VA an hour away to get Verizon service. Just look at the eastern panhandle coverage on Verizon coverage maps. Truly sad. The only thing left is AT&T, Sprint, and US Cellular which many people around here have problems with.

Switching carriers is something I'm not apt to do because Sprint has treated me well with customer service and quality of service. Plus giving up unlimited data to capped data is something I'm EXTREMELY leery to do. Unless Sprint decides to cap their data tomorrow then I'd jump ship quicker.

It's truly perplexing as to why just about all retail outlets are walking away from the Note 4? Right now only Costco and BestBuy have the Note 4's with 2 year contract only for $299 each, tho Costco has a membership rebate for $70. Not bad, but considering the Note 5 for the same 32gb is $249, I don't feel like over paying either while also not being interested in the Note 5. Talk about a frustrating position to be in!

wolverinex

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
EBay always has great deals on used phones, and you are covered by their buyers protection plan so you won't get shafted by someone selling you junk!

bawalker

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
EBay always has great deals on used phones, and you are covered by their buyers protection plan so you won't get shafted by someone selling you junk!

Actually a quick check on ebay searching for Note 4 Sprint shows starting prices in the $280 range going upwards to $700. If I find the $299 in store new price a bit ridiculous (esp when AT&T is selling theirs for $0 right now and the Note 5 is $249), to buy used on eBay for those prices would just not be smart of me.

But that aside, when I buy a phone, I like to buy one that comes directly from the factory where I'm the first owner and I have complete control over it's use, protection, etc. I just know how *much* cell phones are used by everyone and I just don't feel comfortable for taking the risk on a used phone that may look cosmetically great and seem to function without knowing the extent of the phones use and abuse.