Issue with s pen and dead areas

Zellen09

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone! I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I recently got a new s pen because my previous one was snapped. Upon getting this new s pen I was playing with it and realized that there are strips that will not recognize the s pen, both the new one and the old one. I'm thinking it has something to do with the s pen sensor film. I have replaced the camera on my phone and plan to open the phone up to take a look. I'm thinking I could have damage the copper backing on the sensor film when I took my phone apart last and didn't realize it since I had not been using the pen. I figured it would be good to see if anyone here has had the same issue. I did search through and find people that had issues with spots from magnets but there is a very peculiar pattern to the areas that are dead, so I don't think it is that. Although, I will make sure to not use a magnetic case. Let me know what you guys think!uploadfromtaptalk1450332260312.jpg

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Magnetism issues with these things dont cause straight line dead spots, but its easy enoughto rule out by taking any cases off and testing in an open area. Im no repair expert but I don't think the copper shield is the issue. When you repaired the camera did you remove the display assembly? If so perhaps it's an improperly seated cable, otherwise the digitizer itself may be damaged.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I had the CUTEST little red case for my note 4, but noticed the same kind of issues you mention. Took the case off, and voila, problem solved. If you don't have a case, I don't know what might be causing the problem.

Zellen09

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
It was several moths ago that I repaired the camera, but thinking back, I think I might have detached the conected for the s pen sensor. Maybe I reconnected it improperly. I will take the phone apart this evening or tomorrow and take a look. The capacitative touch screen is working fine so it must be something with the s pen sensor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty