Verizon Note 4 battery issues and horrible connectivity issues

Coachjens

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I've had my note 4 for a little over a year. I loved it at first and now I'm thinking about switching to something else. My problem is 1st that I hardly if ever have 4gLTE. Yet my wife on the same Verizon network has a full signal on her iPhone 6s. I drop calls all the time and I also don't have access to the Internet in a lot of places where I'm supposed to have 4g. 2nd my battery after being fully charged at 7am will die by 2pm when I haven't even used it. Then when I do use it I'll go from full battery to 40% in a matter of an hour and about 10 min after that the warning that I have a low battery appears then shuts off yet I plug it in and it says I have 36% battery life. Then I'll turn it on and unplug the charger and it'll turn off automatically with a dead battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-08-22-09-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-08-22-09-04.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 58

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset? I would do that and then just download a couple of apps. Don't overload on the apps and see what the culprit is. But do a full factory reset first. Should help

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
One has to wonder if a bad battery that isn't putting out the proper voltage can affect the operation of the device. The battery chart you attached indicates a bad battery, but if buying a new battery is too much of a hardship to invest in then maybe try a reset first, then go for a new battery . . But if it were me given the description of the issues I'd try a new battery first.

Last edited:

asianguy80

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had my N4 pretty much right at the 1 year mark and I was having the same problems with the battery suddenly dying all the time around the 30% mark if i so much as opened an app. Purchased a new battery and solved the problem.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had my note 4 for a little over a year. I loved it at first and now I'm thinking about switching to something else. My problem is 1st that I hardly if ever have 4gLTE. Yet my wife on the same Verizon network has a full signal on her iPhone 6s. I drop calls all the time and I also don't have access to the Internet in a lot of places where I'm supposed to have 4g. 2nd my battery after being fully charged at 7am will die by 2pm when I haven't even used it. Then when I do use it I'll go from full battery to 40% in a matter of an hour and about 10 min after that the warning that I have a low battery appears then shuts off yet I plug it in and it says I have 36% battery life. Then I'll turn it on and unplug the charger and it'll turn off automatically with a dead battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've been having the same issues.

Quote The Note 4 Never More😤

ChetManley762

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I've never had any issues with my note 4. Maybe try setting it to lte/cdma mode if you haven't already?

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone models do seem to have a better antenna, but I think the other advantages of Android outweigh that. Of course if I lived in an area where I had connection issues I might have to swallow hard and get an iPhone. Been there, done that, don't want to return!

Coachjens

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the replies. I bought a new battery which should be here by Wednesday. I'll see how it goes then but I'm definitely going to do a factory reset plus I bought a new 64gb memory card so hopefully that helps. I had an IPhone as well and like my Android much more so definitely don't want to go back