Screen Protectors.... Pain in the ***

HAWK

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
So I have had this screen protector on my note 4 for about a year.... I know I'm going to upgrade to the note 6 in November and I'd really enjoy this screen without this ugly protector over it.. anyone have any luck going protector free and not scratching the heck out of their note 4?

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Are there any scratches on your protector? That should answer your question, most tempered glass is stronger than the note screens but not by much.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I keep my Note 4 in a case with belt clip. So mine has lower risk of screen scratches then say someone who puts it in their pocket with coins and keys, or a lady who might put it in her purse and has stuff that can scratch it.
How you carry your phone is pretty important. If your a pocket person you run a higher risk of screen scratching.

dedhedAndy

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I've never had a screen protector on my Note 4 and the screen looks great. No scratches what so ever and I am not overly careful with it. I simply don't care about resale value, enjoying the phone the way I want to while I own it is worth much more to me.

osta.doc

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
No screen protectors for me, and my Note 4 still looks great. It makes no sense to put one on a display like this, but that's just my opinion.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Never use them. Just be careful around sand, sand paper, etc. The only scratch I have is from when I was doing demolition on my friends tile bathroom. Swiped to unlock with broken porcelain tile dust and grout on my fingers. Totally avoidable if I was paying attention.

Posted via the Android Central App

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I keep my Note 4 in a case with belt clip. So mine has lower risk of screen scratches then say someone who puts it in their pocket with coins and keys, or a lady who might put it in her purse and has stuff that can scratch it.
How you carry your phone is pretty important. If your a pocket person you run a higher risk of screen scratching.

Coins and keys will never scratch the Gorilla glass this phone has.

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
A month ago my Note4 fell down at work. Firs time in my life I have got a little crack at the top of left corner, which gonna cost me a value of my handset when I will try to sell it when my contract will expire. I would advise to add protection to your screen at Vodafone service point. It take around 7mins and cost £15. our phone is too precious to risk any damage caused by unfortunate incident.

Loflo

May 31, 2015
Visit site
After a year of owning my phone and paying way too much money for glass protectors, I've finally found the best Note 4 glass screen protector I've ever experienced. It covers the phone completely and is smooth as butter. Was easy to apply and cost me $10 on ebay. I've had it about 2 weeks and haven't dropped my phone but so far I'm completely satisfied. I've included a pic of the box if you're interested.

Attachments

• 20160116_105305.jpg
    20160116_105305.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 37

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
A screen protector isn't going to prevent it from breaking if you drop it. Scratches basically and piece of mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress