Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Will you upgrade to Note 5 if it doesn't have SD slot?

I just still prefer sd card cuz it's way more convenient, cheaper, and I can access my saved files anywhere, anytime. As for backing up files, I do see the benefit of the cloud and external drives. To me, it's all about quick easy access.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I could have and have lived without both but if I had to choose just one I'd prefer an sdcard. I have a few external chargers that get me through times I'm away from an outlet. I'd even rather have a premium one piece device rather then a removable battery if both couldn't be accomplished.

If the choice was SD card or the battery, I'm with you on the SD card...using the cloud to store photos/video is a pain! As far as no removable battery, if you upgrade every couple years, no biggie. But if you keep your phone a while, it's nice to be able to pop in a new battery when the old one stops taking a charge.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Another month before we get more serious specs leaks...finger crossed

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Those thinking of moving to the Note 5...

Will the removable battery and no micro sd card kill it for you? It will for me. Guess we will find out a month from now..

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Those thinking of moving to the Note 5...

It will for me too. I get a feeling that Note 4 will be the last great phone from Samsung, only time will tell.

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I just ordered my note 4 yesterday. Sitting tight until next spring/summer to see what direction Samsung is going in. After nearly 10 years of using their phones I'd hate to switch brands.

The lack of external battery and sd card is definitely a deal breaker

Posted via the Android Central App

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Not for me. If Samsung can manage to make the note 5 better than the 4 then I can deal with losing a removable battery and SD card. I would miss not having expandable storage, but I would be OK without it.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Well I caved yesterday and bought the 6400 mAh Anker Extended Battery charger with Dilex Case soo....if this charger is as good as customers say then I could handle No removable battery, only.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Well I caved yesterday and bought the 6400 mAh Anker Extended Battery charger with Dilex Case soo....if this charger is as good as customers say then I could handle No removable battery, only.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

Expandable storage is completely unnecessary for my use with all of the cloud options available.

As for sealed battery, no big deal there either. Yes, switching out is nice but I also have enough mobile power options that removable batteries are not a requirement.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

MalinoisK9

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

The note will be my first and last Samsung of that's the case. I'll end up checking out the Nexus line of phones. Why would I want to deal with touchwiz if we lose the 2 things that made it worth dealing with.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

What are you crossing your fingers for? It's going to be more or less the s6 with a stylus lol. Ha

I hope not!
At least for the SD card and the back, if they use the fragile slippery glass on this big phone...

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

But they will and most people will love it. I just want removable battery because I keep my phones for 2-3 years and I would like to change the battery when it doesn't hold a charge anymore like I did with my current phone (Note 2). SD slot I can care less about. I don't use that much memory.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

To answer this thread's question. No will not upgrade. Call me old fashioned but I still like having the SD card and the removable battery.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

It will kill it for me. I plan to keep my phone for awhile and batteries for me after a year does not hold a good charge. It's great to be able to replace the battery after a year or so. Also in my job that I work over 10 hours a day I can replace my battery quick. For the SD card I'm not too worried about that.

Posted via the Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo