Note 5 Battery life thread

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
It's verizon so I doubt signal is bad anywhere (even with that signal I pull 12mb down on speedtest). Also, I'm still on unlimited vzw and a business plan so it'd have to be REALLY bad for me to switch :)

Would my vzw Note 5 even work on tmobile?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It's verizon so I doubt signal is bad anywhere (even with that signal I pull 12mb down on speedtest). Also, I'm still on unlimited vzw and a business plan so it'd have to be REALLY bad for me to switch :)

Would my vzw Note 5 even work on tmobile?

I'm not sure about your VZ one working on T-Mobile. I just bought a new phone, traded in a cheap one and will sell my Note. You might can get a good deal on a business plan at T-mobile.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, this is what I ended up with and I'm about to charge. Now I need to check that breaking news and see if a lot of has come in or of I had a strange setting. It is usually never that high on my list.

Those having problems also might want to try Greenify. You Greenify everything that doesn't have to have a push notification right away, but when you turn on your screen, notifications for all hibernated apps come through immediately.

It works really well. It did great on my N4.

Attachments

• 1440864559868.jpg
    1440864559868.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 67
  • 1440864578288.jpg
    1440864578288.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 68

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
For 17 hours+ battery life, and 5 hours+ screen time, I think that is more than acceptable. Get home, put it on charge and go to bed.

Oh no going to bed, just 11:26 am here, but I took it off the charger about 6 pm last night, just because I was going somewhere so I charged to to 100% before I left. I don't normally charge until late at night and it didn't really wake whole I was asleep.

But yes, now going home and going to bed and charging, still works for the time frame lol.

I think I now have everything like I want working. My battery is good and no need to worry about it unless something weird happens.

I will however still be around here to help when I can.

Greenify does great also, you might want to try that. It can get people to a once a day charge easily. It's been a while since I used it, but I'm familiar with it and can help for those that have questions.

I would hibernate my phone at night and left thing un hibernate, like my weather alert and other things I wanted to come through at anytime. My phone wouldn't go to sleep, it would go in a coma. I would charge and hibernate (it will still hibernate many things during the day) and I would pick up my phone 9-10 hours and only have lost 1-2% battery, sometimes none.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I am new coming back to Android from Apple. Last time I had Android it was Galaxy Note 3. Been well over a year and I actually dumped my iPhone 6 Plus for this.

My biggest beef is battery. I see all the tests and great battery and in my entire previous time using Galaxy devices I rarely get close to what people say they get. If I get 8-9 hours I'm lucky.

Typically I use auto brightness and then spend heavy use on my email applications, texting in particular.

I do use Facebook frequently. Twitter occasionally and once in a while audible. No games but I do use Chrome for certain sites here and there.

I consider myself a heavy user like some who do same as I do.

I'm curious though how to shut off Facebook and Twitter sync. I went into Facebook settings and while I don't get notifications I see the little number all the time telling me friends updates which I don't want.

If I could get 12 hours with this I'd be thrilled.

For reference my iPhone 6 Plus gave me 15 hours under same conditions which was it's single best feature. Loved the battery on it. Outside of that I wanted the Note 5 features.

Any suggestions on undoing Facebook updates? . Think that might be one of issues

Using Greenify or Doze you should be able to easily get 15 hours with a lot of screen time (that's what I've seen a lot of on this thread).

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Using Greenify or Doze you should be able to easily get 15 hours with a lot of screen time (that's what I've seen a lot of on this thread).

I installed Greenify but only thing I can tell it does is that you have to hit the zzzz button when u want it to do something. .

James8561

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have fixed most of the major idle battery drain except for this one. Any idea guys?

Attachments

• 1440876778028.jpg
    1440876778028.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 1440876807708.jpg
    1440876807708.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 64

bigjunior45

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
You turned off advanced calling and did a cache wipe after getting everything installed again?
I'm having Cell Standby draining problems too. It's currently #2 battery drainer at 9% with Android System at 11%.

I've noticed that on some posters battery postings that Android System isn't that high and others are somewhere up at the top. Why is that?

Also what did you mean by wiping out the cache after getting everything installed again? He must of did a factory reset then re-downloaded all of his apps followed by deleting all of the bloatware? What is a cache and why do you wipe it? What apps do you do a cache wipe too?

I'm sorry if some of my questions are dumb but coming from an iPhone all of this is new to me. Just want to fix my cell standby drainage. I haven't done a factory reset or any wiping of caches.

I have Verizon. I've removed Verizon and Amazon bloat crap and I've even disabled Google Now cause I don't use it. I have my brightness set at 50%, I have Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep set to Never (increases data usage), Location is on and set to Power saving mode, Location history is off, syncing for every option for my gmail and yahoo account are off as well as with Facebook and Twitter in the Accounts setting, send security reports to Samsung is turned off.

Any other options I missed that could help the Standby time? I did download Doze

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm having Cell Standby draining problems too. It's currently #2 battery drainer at 9% with Android System at 11%.

I've noticed that on some posters battery postings that Android System isn't that high and others are somewhere up at the top. Why is that?

Also what did you mean by wiping out the cache after getting everything installed again? He must of did a factory reset then re-downloaded all of his apps followed by deleting all of the bloatware? What is a cache and why do you wipe it? What apps do you do a cache wipe too?

I'm sorry if some of my questions are dumb but coming from an iPhone all of this is new to me. Just want to fix my cell standby drainage. I haven't done a factory reset or any wiping of caches.

I have Verizon. I've removed Verizon and Amazon bloat crap and I've even disabled Google Now cause I don't use it. I have my brightness set at 50%, I have Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep set to Never (increases data usage), Location is on and set to Power saving mode, Location history is off, syncing for every option for my gmail and yahoo account are off as well as with Facebook and Twitter in the Accounts setting, send security reports to Samsung is turned off.

Any other options I missed that could help the Standby time? I did download Doze

Wait. Advanced calling drains battery?

I'd check under mobile settings and make sure it's not set to Global. I found that actually allowed me better 4G since in my home reception isn't great and I know that's a drain on battery.

For some reason on my 6+ I never had issues getting connection and had strong 4g all the time. I think Samsung needs to add more radios like Apple does.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Wiping the cache.. It just cleans up a lot of stuff.

Power the phone off.

Then in this order of steps is how I do this..

Hold down home button, keep holding.

Hold down volume UP, keep holding (2 things holding down now)

Hold down power button. Phone will boot up and you will see an Android laying down eventually.

Sometimes it is easier for me to do this with the case removed, large phone.

Then when the menu comes up, it can take a little bit, use the volume down button to scroll down to wipe cache partition. Press the power button when that is highlighted. Make sure you have the right thing highlighted, there is a full reset in this menu.

It will wipe the cache partition quickly then the menu will come back up and it will have reboot highlighted, press power and it reboots.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
75e6eab60f0ccf9f93dbf17c3a47c472.jpg
945dac814ce3479d7005950e329b4fbe.jpg

Mine after sleeping. After the reinstall I bumped from 5.5hrs to 7 hrs SOT time.

I have no cell standby even though VOLTE is on and Google services is not an issue.

I am using Doze. Now I think I am going to find a Facebook alternative, that battery drain is nuts

Sent from my smexy Note 5

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm just curious how everyone's battery life will be this time next year, if they keep their phones that long.

from my old nexus 5

bigjunior45

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/29/75e6eab60f0ccf9f93dbf17c3a47c472.jpg//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/29/945dac814ce3479d7005950e329b4fbe.jpg

Mine after sleeping. After the reinstall I bumped from 5.5hrs to 7 hrs SOT time.

I have no cell standby even though VOLTE is on and Google services is not an issue.

I am using Doze. Now I think I am going to find a Facebook alternative, that battery drain is nuts

Sent from my smexy Note 5

What do you mean reinstall? What did you do? Who's your carrier

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89