Note 5 Battery life thread

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I want to see it at idle at night and working through the day. At least one charge cycle, two would be great. Now don't check your battery through the day, just use it.

Who is your carrier?
What should"change since" be set to?

I'm on AT&T.

25d445c6edc640f68dab5eb5516bd53f.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok and for anyone needing. Here is a booster that will work with any carrier. AT&T has only a 3G booster, but if they won't give it to you, it is $200. This one is also a lot better than the Verizon extender. T-Mobile is still the only one I've seen Ruth a great booster and it is free. You must have at least 1 bar of LTE signal. They do have one that is a WiFi booster and for TMO that is fine too, they have WiFi calling.

Here is the other one a moderator told me about.

https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/weboost-home-4g-cell-phone-signal-booster-kit-470101/

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So do I just go into the store or call to get one?

I just wanted to see why it's draining 2-3% even if airplane mode is on.

If you want one for free, try calling 611, probably will need a supervisor or go to a store that is a corporate store. If you aren't aware, some previous AT&T stores are actually like 3rd party retail stores now and will even charge you for a SIM card.

Get the manager in the store. Tell them your phone is draining at home with the bad signal. They may just offer you a microcell for free.. Depends on the manager. If they want you to buy it, tell them you understand that TMO has LTE boosters for free, will pay up to $650 per line to switch and give you 10 gb a month pet line, of data (all true BTW).

You can use the above with 611 or the store, if you try one and they say no, move to the other one and try. You can also ask for the retention dept at AT&T and can tell them if they don't give you one, you will be forced to check out TMO.

If you just want to ask and they say no and you don't want to push, then you can buy one in the store. Have them set it up online there, they can put in the AT&T numbers that will use it.

Now again, that is only for 3G talk signal, but it will stop the drain from a bad signal and stopped missed calls. I just think it should be free to customers that need it. You will have to hook it up to your modem or router, so you need a free port for it.

The drain is some app, but not sure yet what is causing that.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
If you want one for free, try calling 611, probably will need a supervisor or go to a store that is a corporate store. If you aren't aware, some previous AT&T stores are actually like 3rd party retail stores now and will even charge you for a SIM card.

Get the manager in the store. Tell them your phone is draining at home with the bad signal. They may just offer you a microcell for free.. Depends on the manager. If they want you to buy it, tell them you understand that TMO has LTE boosters for free, will pay up to $650 per line to switch and give you 10 gb a month pet line, of data (all true BTW).

You can use the above with 611 or the store, if you try one and they say no, move to the other one and try. You can also ask for the retention dept at AT&T and can tell them if they don't give you one, you will be forced to check out TMO.

If you just want to ask and they say no and you don't want to push, then you can buy one in the store. Have them set it up online there, they can put in the AT&T numbers that will use it.

Now again, that is only for 3G talk signal, but it will stop the drain from a bad signal and stopped missed calls. I just think it should be free to customers that need it. You will have to hook it up to your modem or router, so you need a free port for it.

The drain is some app, but not sure yet what is causing that.

The verizon ones make you pay, but I got it down to $75. Also, it broadcasts for ALL verizon customers, doesn't let you lock it down. Pretty lame, but it's what I put up with for unlimited data

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that is wifi, but honestly, I don't know how much WiFi sends back and forth when connected, never paid attention. Even my home WiFi is sending and receiving constantly when doing nothing.

Now you could have an app accessing and doing something during that time.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Check for any email app or app that has is constantly checking, that's was the issue on my phone, after I found the app, now get about 20hr battery or more

I use Gmail. The only one. Can't stop it.

I downloaded Outlook and stopped Gmail from syncing and after the latest outlook update I think it does better then Gmail. Just don't know how much battery Gmail consumes.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I use Gmail. The only one. Can't stop it.

I downloaded Outlook and stopped Gmail from syncing and after the latest outlook update I think it does better then Gmail. Just don't know how much battery Gmail consumes.

Posted via the Android Central App

I have 4 Google accounts on my phone and all sync Gmail, if that tells you anything.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that is wifi, but honestly, I don't know how much WiFi sends back and forth when connected, never paid attention. Even my home WiFi is sending and receiving constantly when doing nothing.

Now you could have an app accessing and doing something during that time.

So, what does yours say for system wifi usage in a 3 hours period?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non