02-20-2016 05:33 AM
227 12345 ...
tools
    VZW may not have gotten Samsung Pay but they got native video calling instead. Worth it?

Posted from my Note 5 via the Android Central App
    Sorry , but where exactly do you see the video calling in those screenshots?
    08-24-2015 07:32 PM
    I would like to edit the bottom row of docked icons. I don't have access to them like I do the other icons.
    08-24-2015 09:21 PM
    I would like to edit the bottom row of docked icons. I don't have access to them like I do the other icons.
    Hmm.. Odd. Who is your carrier?
    08-24-2015 09:54 PM
    AT&T. If I long press an empty area I can rearrange/remove normal app icons but the bottom row isn't accessible.

Posted via the Android Central App
    From my Note 5
    08-24-2015 09:56 PM
    I replaced the stock browser with Chrome on my Note 5 and I'm on AT&T.. The stock browser was in the bottom docked row of icons

Sent from my Note 5
    08-24-2015 09:58 PM
    I don't have AT&T anymore but I haven't seen anyone at AT&T complain about this, BUT.. it wouldn't be the first time AT&T removed a feature. Maybe someone with AT&T will pop on here and we can see if it is an AT&T thing or just your phone.
    08-24-2015 09:59 PM
    Can you long press one of those icons and move it out of the dock?
    08-24-2015 10:01 PM
    I replaced the stock browser with Chrome on my Note 5 and I'm on AT&T.. The stick browser was in the bottom docked row of icons

Sent from my Note 5
    I'm glad you mentioned that. Let me correct myself: What I want to do is remove the "Apps" icon and replace it with something else. I don't have a need for that icon because I keep all of my apps in folders on the home screen.

From my Note 5
    08-24-2015 10:03 PM
    I'm glad you mentioned that. Let me correct myself: What I want to do is remove the "Apps" icon and replace it with something else. I don't have a need for that icon because I keep all of my apps in folders on the home screen.

From my Note 5
    Oohhh ok.. Yeah I'm not sure how to do that. Maybe someone else can chime in

Sent from my Note 5
    08-24-2015 10:06 PM
    Oh the Apps Drawer icon? Don't think you can remove that unless using a launcher.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-24-2015 10:06 PM
    Oh the Apps Drawer icon? Don't think you can remove that unless using a launcher.
    After 10+ years on blackberry this is my first Android. I kind of get what launchers are but not 100% and I have security concerns (possibly unfounded) with just downloading apps from random sources. Recommendation for a launcher?

From my Note 5
    08-24-2015 10:10 PM
    Nova Prime is a good launcher. First one I've used in years because the others lagged. It isn't expensive and in the Play Store. You can also add a ton of icons at the bottom, I have like 7 at the bottom but could have 7 for 5 screens, just swipe through them.
    08-24-2015 10:15 PM
    Nova Prime is a good launcher. First one I've used in years because the others lagged. It isn't expensive and in the Play Store. You can also add a ton of icons at the bottom, I have like 7 at the bottom but could have 7 foe 5 screens, just swipe through them.
    Thank you for your help.

From my Note 5
    08-24-2015 10:15 PM
    roll2tide, I will second the Nova Launcher, from Google Play. I too came from YEARS of BB and didn't take me long to love the customization of Android. You will love Nova. There are tons of settings and its always one of the highest rated launchers in the polls. Enjoy!
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    08-24-2015 10:22 PM
    Thank you for your help.

From my Note 5
    Any time, that is what we are here for!

A lot on this site use Nova, it does more than I use it for. Any questions with setting it up, feel free to post a thread to ask questions.

Oh and.. War Eagle! 😆
    08-24-2015 10:24 PM
    This thread has a lot of people using Nova, posting their home screen. You can really do about anything. Change the number if icon rows and columns to about any number, change icon sizes, get icon packs and use other icons.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=569280
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-24-2015 10:29 PM
    In the Camera app, go to Mode...Download...you can install a bunch of different modes. Like animated GIF.

Enjoy!!
    08-25-2015 10:42 AM
    VZW may not have gotten Samsung Pay but they got native video calling instead. Worth it?

Posted from my Note 5 via the Android Central App
    I have no way to test it. I'm the only one in my family with a Samsung (or Android) phone. Won't work with iPhones since they have native FaceTime. So for now, I have it turned off and only keep on Advanced Calling (VoLTE).
    08-25-2015 01:48 PM
    This is the native Video Calling available in most if not all Unlocked variants and maybe some other non-US carriers.
    Has anyone tried this yet? Curious as to the quality of it. My wife and I currently use Tango, but it's rare that it works all thru our video calls, which could be because our wifi at home is terrible (Live in a rural area). Also, anyone notice it on the Note 4?... my wife has a Note 4 and I keep forgetting to look at it once I get home from work.

Keep all the tips coming yall... I get my Note 5 tomorrow! Been a long time coming, kept my S3 for 3 years!!!
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-25-2015 02:02 PM
    This thread has a lot of people using Nova, posting their home screen. You can really do about anything. Change the number if icon rows and columns to about any number, change icon sizes, get icon packs and use other icons.

Note 5: Post Pictures Of Your Home Screen(s) - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    That's one of my favorite threads. I love playing around with my phone and get ideas and apps from there.

I know one was using TouchTwiz and changed the theme to Material Dark and I think there was one that used Material Design, which is what I changed mine to.

I like the idea of changing the icons on the bottom row (where the app drawer and phone icon is) which can't be done in TouchWiz on this Note 5, but it's fine for now for me. Maybe later I might change another launcher.

For anyone who may not know, you can change the look or "theme" of your default launcher. When you long press on the screen, the bottom gives you several options and one is Themes. You can find more in the "theme store" at the bottom. There are a lot of "girly" ones that are just a bit too girly for me.
    08-25-2015 02:43 PM
    I applied a theme to change my messaging app look and then reapplied my wallpaper. I'm using Nova Prime.
    08-25-2015 02:54 PM
    Smart Select. This forum post was thinking it wasn't there. You can select text with your Spen by pressing and holding down on the text, then you can move the selection icon (little ball at the bottom of the word) and select all you want. I just tried. Might be easier then a large finger on small text (for me). I didn't know you could do this. So I think this is a good tip for those who are new to Notes.
    08-25-2015 03:12 PM
    Yes the selecting text is one of the greatest things the spen has ever done lol
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-25-2015 03:41 PM
    Another tip that I've been doing and I saw someone with an iPhone do this (so I probably got the idea from someone with an iphone). Press the home button with your fingerprint finger (I use my thumb) exactly as you have it "scanned". Then after pressing the phone on, just hold your finger a little longer and you're in your phone. Some of you have probably figured this out, but with my S5 it was a swipe of my finger and so I could press the home/on button anyway I wanted. But I prefer this.
    KumateiDragon1 likes this.
    08-25-2015 03:55 PM
    Yeah I do that for unlocking also.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-25-2015 04:27 PM
227 12345 ...