Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread

Hendri Hendri

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know a quick tips and tricks to mark as read for email messages ? (Stock email). Currently to mark as read for several email, i have to select the email one by one and click more then mark as read.

Also, back to main window (home), is there any other way rather than push the home button ?

Thx

Posted via the Android Central App #Galnote5

cjsmith6592

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Picked up my note 5 on Wednesday coming form an s5 and love it so far. One thing I can't figure out, is how to make the home screen be able to initially swipe to either the left or the right AND be able to do it infinitely in both directions. I hope that makes sense, I had my s5 setup like that and can't figure it out on the note.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Picked up my note 5 on Wednesday coming form an s5 and love it so far. One thing I can't figure out, is how to make the home screen be able to initially swipe to either the left or the right AND be able to do it infinitely in both directions. I hope that makes sense, I had my s5 setup like that and can't figure it out on the note.

I can't figure this out either.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

There isn't a way. I think it changed with the new lollipop software, but can't remember. I think you can if you choose a different launcher. I just choose my center as my Home Page and that makes it easier to swipe left or right when needed.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

You'll have to add a launcher like Nova. Stock TW doesn't do this.

Posted via the Android Central App

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know a quick tips and tricks to mark as read for email messages ? (Stock email). Currently to mark as read for several email, i have to select the email one by one and click more then mark as read.

Also, back to main window (home), is there any other way rather than push the home button ?

Thx

If you want to mark ALL read, you can by long pressing one, then click the box at the top left hand corner, then mark read. Otherwise, there isn't a quick way.

I don't think there is another option to go back to the home screen except the Home button. The back button will take you there in most apps, sometimes it's two presses instead of one.
Unless a different launcher has that ability. Are you thinking one of the side buttons doing that or the volumne key?

Hendri Hendri

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
If you want to mark ALL read, you can by long pressing one, then click the box at the top left hand corner, then mark read. Otherwise, there isn't a quick way.

I don't think there is another option to go back to the home screen except the Home button. The back button will take you there in most apps, sometimes it's two presses instead of one.
Unless a different launcher has that ability. Are you thinking one of the side buttons doing that or the volumne key?

Tht's what I do now for the email. I thought maybe there're some way to swipe or else for more convenience way (like outlook). Actually i use outlook as well for my gmail, hotmail and yahoo personal email. For the stock mail is for my exchange work email. The problem from outlook is, we have to download the attachment from email if we want to view the document, no option for preview only (unlike stock email which has this option). That's why I use stock email for my work email, and i love the classic and tidy interface (not too much colour as outlook)

Do you have any issue in opening excel file attachment ? It always stated "excel can't open activeX control" I had to instal some free office for this :(

For the home key, i'm thinking of one dot or circle on the screen that will become home button :) Maybe another launcher, but i think i just stay to the original launcher :)

Last edited:

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I found you don't have to unlock the phone for the settings quick drop down. So to can access the flashlight or silence without unlocking your phone. To get into anything more, you have to unlock.

Posted via the *Note 5*

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Right. But do I need wifi?

Here's what I'm looking to use a roku or fire stick as.

I'm out in the middle nowhere in my rig. Just got done for the night and wanna watch a movie. Oh darn. No wifi. Can I plug either of these devices into the hdmi plug on my. HITACHI flat screen here in the truck, turn on mirroring on my note 5, have it sync up with either of these devices, hit play on netflix on my phone, and watch it on my tv?

I'm looking for an alternative the mhl adapter I used to use to stream netflix from my phone to the tv.

Thanks. Sorry for the long explanation. I just wanted explain how I'm looking to use it.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
64 GB
Black Sapphire
Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
Sprint PCS
You can get a Samsung Allshare cast dongle. NO WIFI NEEDED. It creates a wifi network between your phone and the TV. ANY TV that has a USB and hdmi port. I use it everyday for Netflix and YouTube. It mirrors your phone screen. Just pull down notification shade and turn on screen mirroring and it will connect to your TV. Then start Netflix. I've used it on the Notes 2, 3, 4 and 5. Works flawlessly for me.

Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub, Wireless HDMI Display Adapter (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009HDEGG...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4709790

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

emcknight23

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
You can get a Samsung Allshare cast dongle. NO WIFI NEEDED. It creates a wifi network between your phone and the TV. ANY TV that has a USB and hdmi port. I use it everyday for Netflix and YouTube. It mirrors your phone screen. Just pull down notification shade and turn on screen mirroring and it will connect to your TV. Then start Netflix. I've used it on the Notes 2, 3, 4 and 5. Works flawlessly for me.

Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub, Wireless HDMI Display Adapter (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009HDEGG...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4710684

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Amazon Fire Stick does the same also

Hendri Hendri

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Can we set location sharing per app ? I need to know which app is sharing my locatiob (especially sosmed and chat app), also i need to turn off some of them. Can't find any setting of this. Can anyone please enlight me. Thx in adv

tkeeling

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
use the Stylus pen and tap the "Green" screen write, it will snap a picture of the current page, after you do you will see and the bottom left "Scroll Capture" hit it, it will capture more of the web page, then if the option to capture more (+ capture more) or DONE is there. Continue capturing the page until you are done, then when you click done you have the option to save in scrapbook, or save in gallery or share!

hope this helps:D

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I cant get this to work. it goes to the camera (double click) real quick then to the home screen.

What can't you get to work?
It sounds like you're going to the camera with the quick double click of the home button. But if you haven't unlocked your phone, you can't go to your home screen with just pressing the home button.Until your fingerprint unlocks it (If you have that option).

If you unlock the phone, double press the home button and go to the camera, you can go back to the phone on whatever screen you were on by pressing the home button. One more press and you're at the home screen.

Does this answer your question or what were you doing that didn't work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez