Standby battery drain

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone. I just picked up note 5 64gb version yesterday. I was very pleased with the phone and also battery life. However I left it in do not disturb mode at night it had 84% battery left or more. Woke up 6 hours later to 72% then another 2 hours later to 65%. Why is that? I don't have any apps running in background no downloads or updates. Anyone noticed that?

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Post your battery stats screenshot. I too am having massive drain, in fact it seems worse than my Note 4. #1 draw is listed as "cell standby"

I was about to make this same thread

Attachments

• 1440294797146.jpg
    1440294797146.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 277
  • 1440294831544.jpg
    1440294831544.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 274
  • 1440294843774.jpg
    1440294843774.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 275

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
That drain rate actually sounds very good to me. 6 hours and you lost 12% of battery, that is really good IMO.

By the way , DND mode just stops notifications, it doesn't help your battery at all(people may quibble that stopping vibration will help battery life slightly, but not to any noticeable amount). Mobile data polling and connections are unaffected by DND.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Post your battery stats screenshot. I too am having massive drain, in fact it seems worse than my Note 4. #1 draw is listed as "cell standby"

I was about to make this same thread

The OP is not having "Massive battery drain". Posting screenshots won't hurt, but the OP seems to have a different question then that cell standby detail on yours (which is an odd one though , I must say.)

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
That drain rate actually sounds very good to me. 6 hours and you lost 12% of battery, that is really good IMO.

By the way , DND mode just stops notifications, it doesn't help your battery at all(people may quibble that stopping vibration will help battery life slightly, but not to any noticeable amount). Mobile data polling and connections are unaffected by DND.

So if you extrapolate that out to one day then you would lose approximately 48% of the battery in one day while the phone is just idle. That doesn't sound very good to me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

That's not good at all. 1% or less per hour would be good

Posted via the Android Central App

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
To each his own, I suppose. I don't know why anyone would mind losing 12% in 6 hours. I guess if that bothers you, it does. As you say that equates to 2 days standby time. This is absolutely fine by me ..

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I remember going 2 days on a Note 3 with 7 hours of SoT. Note 4, couldn't do it. Note 5 I'm currently seeing worse issues than with the 4. I just turned off mobile data while on WiFi to see if that fixes the "glitch" I read about regarding having both on at the same time

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Turn off wifi when not in use; it's a bug in lollipop. That cell standby drain will cease

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
You are missing a point here. I said in 6 hours I lost about 12% then I went to bed again for 2 hours. In that 2 hours I lost another 10%.
All starts seemed okay screen draining was okay 6% the rest is less. I didn't mind the drain during usage.
I just reset the phone to factory setting and giving it another go from full charge.

Also I have a question when you set the phone up it pulls backups from google server then also Samsung proposes to use their backup service. Is there a point of using both? Or have you guys just selected one

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Also I have a question when you set the phone up it pulls backups from google server then also Samsung proposes to use their backup service. Is there a point of using both? Or have you guys just selected one

I use both. Samsung's backup only backs up call logs, sms +mms, alarm, email accounts and a couple other things while Google's backup only backs up app data and all your google services stuff.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have 53% battery - 2 hours on screen time - 17 hours since full charge. Would you call that good battery life?

(I just came from an iPhone so I can only compare to that)

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
That's acceptable, depending on your signal strength. Biggest issue I'm having is the standby drain, and I've seen many others with the issue. Apple has always been better at standby than android, but the removable battery (and now rapid charge) was able to offset that.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
That's acceptable, depending on your signal strength. Biggest issue I'm having is the standby drain, and I've seen many others with the issue. Apple has always been better at standby than android, but the removable battery (and now rapid charge) was able to offset that.

I have high standby too though. It was actually 15 hours early not 17.

So now I am at 16.5 hours on battery, 2.5 hours on screen time with 38% battery left and 20% of the battery has been standby.

Thoughts?

rsohne

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone using the wireless charger from samsung? My first night using the phone it hit 100% when I picked it up then placed it back on the charger till morning. When I woke up it was at 83% . Been charging with a wire since.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk