If iPhone 6 plus is too big, will the note 5 be too big.

alex217c

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Will the note 5 be too big in my pocket if iPhone 6 plus was too big? I usually wear straight jeans and the iPhone 6 plus seamed to be a bit too big. Even tho the note 5 is few millimetres narrower and shorter it wouldn't be too much different than the iPhone 6 plus in terms of pocketability right? I went to few stores to check out the note 5 but couldn't test it in my pocket because it was locked to the display.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Tell the store clerk to unlock it cuz you want to perform a pocket test I'm sure they'll have no problem unlocking it for you.

How it feels in your pocket is only a matter of opinion you should try it out yourself instead of asking if its too big or not.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Pocket ability is pretty close for both devices. If the 6p is just very slightly too big then the note 5 might be ok. But you would need to try it in store. Explain that you want to try it in your pocket, they should let you. They did let me when I asked on another phone a while back

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 6+ might seem bigger, due to its huge bezel.

I agree that you should try out the Note 5 in the store and see how well you like or dislike the size.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yep both are similar in size so this will be big for you if iPhone 6+ was big.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My Note 5 is smaller than my Note 4 and that wasn't as bug as the iPhone 6+. In fact, without a case. I can lay my N5 on top of the N4 and it fits inside the lip of my N4 case.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Myself, I'm used to it, I've had the Note 1, 2, 3, 4 and now 5. I'm used to a big phone in my pocket. Putting it in the back pocket though, is a complete no no.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I think the note 5 feels quite a bit smaller than the 6plus. In the hand and in the pocket. It is a little smaller, has less bezel to reach over and the curved back make it much easier for me to use and less noticeable in the pocket

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I have both. The iPhone 6 plus is really thin compared to the note 5. Find the note bulges more in my pocket. Depends what case you use as well.

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Use both and either place in a back pocket or cargo pocket.
For size, they are very very close. I suspect if the 6+ is too big, you will find the Note 5 is also.

Mitoman5

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
6 plus is bigger than the 5, however the 5s ergonomic feel is amazing. All in all the 5 feels smaller than it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I just switched over from the 6+

The iPhone is slightly taller, slightly wider and slightly thicker. That last one was surprising to me but before I sent my iPhone to employee I did that test and was stunned.

Crazy thing is the screen is actually slightly larger than iPhone at 5.7 vs 5.5.

That said it's not a massive difference so if you felt the iPhone 6+ was too big you might feel the same with this phone.

I notice that the Note fits well into my front pocket like my 6+ did because it's thin enough.

Posted via the Android Central App

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I have both. The iPhone 6 plus is really thin compared to the note 5. Find the note bulges more in my pocket. Depends what case you use as well.

Technically from a specs standpoint it's thinner but the curved back might explain a feeling of difference.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
One thing to point out. I always felt like the iPhone was going to slip out of my hands. And it did. Multiple times but thankfully I had a good enough case on it from major damage.

This phone is curved the right way vs the Edge phones so it feels better in the hand.

I'm going to get a thin case because of that reason. The back is glass but doesn't feel slippery to me like the nice smooth metal of the iPhone.

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I just got a note 5 via the test drive program and so far it seems like the note 5 is a little easier to hold. It is physically smaller. I really appreciate the reduced height of the note 5 compared to the iPhone 6 plus. If you thought the iPhone 6 plus was just slightly too big, then the note 5 may be perfect for you. Keep in mind though like others have mentioned the screen size on the note 5 is bigger than the iPhone 6 plus.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Will the note 5 be too big in my pocket if iPhone 6 plus was too big? I usually wear straight jeans and the iPhone 6 plus seamed to be a bit too big. Even tho the note 5 is few millimetres narrower and shorter it wouldn't be too much different than the iPhone 6 plus in terms of pocketability right? I went to few stores to check out the note 5 but couldn't test it in my pocket because it was locked to the display.
I think the curved back will make it a little easier to get in and out of pockets. I was surprised how "small" it felt in hand when I played with one in store for the size screen it has.