Samsung Clear view case thoughts?

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have the clear view flip case by Samsung?

I've watched all the videos on youtube already and there is only so many vids and pictures currently available.
For people who have the case, how do you feel about the case? And if you dont mind posting some pictures

Does the cover have a magnet or any mechanism to keep it closed or does it just flop open easily?

Beside just being able to answer calls, I've seen in one video where the guy can pull up the music menu to play and pause the music. He never tried pressing previous or next track but I'm going to assume it works since the buttons are there. Can somebody confirm? I'm going to assume Pandora wouldn't work with it though, just the Samsung music player.

From what I've seen so far, I really like it and think its the sexiest case I've seen so far but I don't know if I can justify 60$ for it.
Found one on ebay for 45 from korea

Samsung Galaxy NOTE5 SM N920 Genuine Clear View Cover Case EF ZN920 w Box New | eBay

The user rating is high enough and is a top rated seller so I would think it's authentic. Thoughts?

cvflowe

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the clear view flip case and I love it. Yes it is magnetic, but I noticed since I added the screen protector, it does not stay closed. Maybe it never did. It does shut off the screen. You can answer calls and talk while it is closed. Pandora plays while closed, you can't fast forward etc. However, with Samsung's music player you can fast forward pause etc..

Posted via the Android Central App

BarfingMonkey

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have the clear view flip case by Samsung?

I've watched all the videos on youtube already and there is only so many vids and pictures currently available.
For people who have the case, how do you feel about the case? And if you dont mind posting some pictures

Does the cover have a magnet or any mechanism to keep it closed or does it just flop open easily?

Beside just being able to answer calls, I've seen in one video where the guy can pull up the music menu to play and pause the music. He never tried pressing previous or next track but I'm going to assume it works since the buttons are there. Can somebody confirm? I'm going to assume Pandora wouldn't work with it though, just the Samsung music player.

From what I've seen so far, I really like it and think its the sexiest case I've seen so far but I don't know if I can justify 60$ for it.
Found one on ebay for 45 from korea

Samsung Galaxy NOTE5 SM N920 Genuine Clear View Cover Case EF ZN920 w Box New | eBay

The user rating is high enough and is a top rated seller so I would think it's authentic. Thoughts?

The magnet is not for closing purposes, it's there for the phone to know the door is closed, which enables/disables the screen.
Yes, previous and next work, the app is indeed the Samsung music player, I don't have Pandora installed, I never used in on my Note 4.
It's a really cool looking case, people stare at it wondering what it is, it's just a big shiny chrome thing to them, at first.
I say go for it, you won't have any issues selling if you don't like it.
Keep the plastic on, the one that comes on it when it's new. I cut off the pull tabs. If any of them start to come off on mine, I will just apply a screen protector, cause it does look like it will get scratched easily. I can't tell the protectors are even on it, although I've never really take them off, I did, however, had to adjust the front one, it was off from the factory, but I didn't have it off long enough for me for any observation.
It does add a bit to the phone, weight and bulk...
Hope this helps. Oh, and it covers the corners, so if you do drop it, the corners are covered now, unlike the note 3 flip, that left the the edges open and vulnerable.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I paid $63 for the case at Best Buy last week.

The case does flips open, there is nothing to keep the front flap down, so I was dissatisfied with that.

It does add a lot of weight to the phone and yes makes it bulkier but it is a nice looking case.

I use Nova Prime launcher so the only thing I can do with the case closed is answer the phone.

feada4ec729e14d60bbb1edc176c4f79.jpg

015dd2eb76e51192b9d5b0f29ff0cffc.jpg

a667c23c333a23e176015ded827e739c.jpg

64be76eed89d96772bb2013340bc2c2e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
It really does look nice. Have you guys noticed any scratches on the screen?

I'm reading around and it seems the older clear view cases causes a lot of scratches on the screen. It seems dust and particles get trapped between the flap and the screen and because it is plastic and there is wiggle room on the flap, it rubs the dust and particles around causing swirling scratches.

There doesn't seem to be any design changes with the note 5 version, so I would think the same cause and issue would still exist. Are you screens ok so far?

cvflowe

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It really does look nice. Have you guys noticed any scratches on the screen?

I'm reading around and it seems the older clear view cases causes a lot of scratches on the screen. It seems dust and particles get trapped between the flap and the screen and because it is plastic and there is wiggle room on the flap, it rubs the dust and particles around causing swirling scratches.

There doesn't seem to be any design changes with the note 5 version, so I would think the same cause and issue would still exist. Are you screens ok so far?

Yes, I noticed multiple small scratches while using it at the beach. This can happen with most cases or covers. Thankfully after installing a Zagg thermal screen protector, everything looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Had one for half a day, and returned it. Couldn't stand looking through the cover at notifications and such. It makes your display look like a TV screen from 1984. It actually hurt my eyes to use it.

Posted via Android Central App

dedhedAndy

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I noticed multiple small scratches while using it at the beach. This can happen with most cases or covers. Thankfully after installing a Zagg thermal screen protector, everything looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sand is very bad for screen. Keep your phone away from sand !

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I have it. It's "eh" . Would have been better if the clear view was actually CLEAR not colored and hazy.

Totally disagree with the person that said it adds weight and bulk. I barely even notice.

That being said I am getting the case that Samsung offers that just goes on the back but looks nice and has bumpers.

BarryH_GEG

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
It scratches when you just look at. Bought it at 5:00PM and by Noon the next day there were small scratches all over the back. And it never left the house. I liked it a lot and was thinking of getting a screen protector for it and then realized protecting a protector is a bit nuts. I returned it for the S View case and I'm extremely happy with it. It allows a lot more to be displayed and controlled with the case closed.

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
It seems to be more than just sand. Even the smallest of dust or particles will scratch the screen. It seems to be a pretty big thread over at xda about this regarding the previous case and a lot on google search result.

[Q] Samsung Clear View case scratched my scr… | Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge | XDA Forums

Though the search results seem to pertain to the s view case mainly. I haven't found much scratch issue in regards to any other flip case. The design and material seems to be the same with the Note 5 case so I would assume the same issues would exist. The phone and case havent been out long enough to find results on google yet trying to see if anyone using the case is having the scratch issue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA6giyj1z7U

This user came up with a solution but there seems to be problem with the answer call functions if the pad is too thick.

Amy wineBerry

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I had this case for 14 days. Stopped using it after seven and then decided I'd rather have my $60 back lol. I didn't enjoy it in the slightest. It came off the device far too easily. And I would have preferred if there was so mechanism that provided a greater closure for the door. It's a really cool accessory, but just wasn't my cup of tea.

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Is there a clear view setting on the phone? Like can you disable the phone screen automatically turning on when you open the flap?

I love the new spen feature where you can start writing as soon as you pull the s-pen out. But with the screen automatically opening when the flap flips over, you can't use that feature.

I've also read that there are no ways to bring up that black screen once the pen is out which means the only way to make it work is to flip the case then turn off the screen and then pull out the pen.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there a clear view setting on the phone? Like can you disable the phone screen automatically turning on when you open the flap?

I love the new spen feature where you can start writing as soon as you pull the s-pen out. But with the screen automatically opening when the flap flips over, you can't use that feature.

I've also read that there are no ways to bring up that black screen once the pen is out which means the only way to make it work is to flip the case then turn off the screen and then pull out the pen.

That's not true actually. I have this cover. To make the screen writable as you would like just pull the pen out before you flip the case open and you've got what you want.

Veldrid_13

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I have had it a week and despise it. It scratches really easy, doesn't stay closed, and makes the phone so much harder to use. Worst $60 I've spent in a long time.

MikeB17

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the gold clear cover on my Edge +. It will intermittently not activate the screen shutdown when closing. Sometimes works, sometimes not and I don't see any commonality when it doesn't. The sensor is ok because I installed a 3rd party app that shuts down the screen when closed and that works 100% of the time. Any ideas?

MikeB17

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the gold clear cover on my Edge +. It will intermittently not activate the screen shutdown when closing. Sometimes works, sometimes not and I don't see any commonality when it doesn't. The sensor is ok because I installed a 3rd party app that shuts down the screen when closed and that works 100% of the time. Any ideas?
NVM, issue was caused by disabling a process with Package Disabler.

cajunaggie87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the case. I like it. The one thing that bothers me is that for some reason when the case is closed and you see the clock, Samsung didn't take advantage of the Super AMOLED display. Instead of a black background with white text, the background is blue.

Mohammad Shawqy

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
actually it damaged my screen big time, I kept on wondering what caused this amount of tiny little annoying deep scratches and came to conclusion that it is from the clear view case for the note 5.

MikeB17

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez