How do I connect to a TV wireless?

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
So I want to connect to my LG TV that I just bought this year, it is a smart tv, How do I hook the Note 5 up to it.. I'd like to play around with changing the channels and connections like HDMI 1-3, also pull up like my videos or youtube through screen mirroring (I guess thats what its called)..

A buddy of mine has an S5 and we where out at a restaurant that had samsung tv's and he started flipping channels.. LOL

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Well it doesnt have IR Blaster (all older models have) so you cant really use it as a remote to control anything that works on IR...so TV probably is not going to work.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm with Comcast/Xfinity and they have an app that I can download and change the channels and also schedule programs to record (when I first install it I have to log into my cable account and sync it with my cable box/dvr but once I do that I can schedule recordings from any location, I do not have to be at home on the same network). As far as changing your connections (HDMI) on the TV not sure if that is possible, you would have to see if LG possibly has an app that will allow you to do that but I don't think so as I'm pretty sure it needs an IR. In regards to mirroring I would look into a Google Chrome stick or Amazon Fire Stick, pretty sure I read one of those will allow you to do the mirroring. I do mirroring once in a while but I have a Samsung TV so the two communicate perfectly without any extra hardware. As far as changing the channel on any tv any where, vm81 answered that for you.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
For remote control try the LG remote in the app store. Work over WIFI if phone and TV are on same network. LG TVs support WIFI Direct so that is another way. Also with YouTube and any app that supports chromcast should also work as long as the app is on the TV like YouTube, Netflix, and others.

Posted using my Verizon crippled Note 5.