How often do you charge your Note 5 per day?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I may reconsider getting the Note 5 again if the S7 next year doesn't meet my needs. Since it has a non removable battery, how often do you charge your battery during the day? Do you find yourself more conscious of the battery level in the Status Bar than ever before? Has anyone gotten through the day on a single charge?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Wait, per day? This device should be lasting all day and beyond except for with the heaviest users. Most accounts have battery life better than the Note 4.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
At least one full top off per day. I am not a heavy user, but I have work email connected, which has some effect. I don't have the confidence that this phone will go all day, but we all use our phones differently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the day. On days of 10-15 hours SOT and running hotspot, it will have to be recharged, probably a few times.

Now on days when not using hotspot and say 5-7 hours SOT, it will last the entire day.

Of course, ymmv, many factors affect battery life.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Wait, per day? This device should be lasting all day and beyond except for with the heaviest users. Most accounts have battery life better than the Note 4.
I have been following these battery threads on the Note 5 for awhile, but it seems that many users do charge their phones at their desk or home at least once per day. And if their battery level is down to 10-20%, they usually charge it before they leave their house/office. For the ones who can manage on a single charge before bedtime, how do they do it?

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I may reconsider getting the Note 5 again if the S7 next year doesn't meet my needs. Since it has a non removable battery, how often do you charge your battery during the day? Do you find yourself more conscious of the battery level in the Status Bar than ever before? Has anyone gotten through the day on a single charge?

Once per day (usually at night) at the most.
I installed GSam Battery monitor Pro to see if I had any battery hogs.
After disabling the carrier stuff and some Samsung things, I find my Note 5 lasts around 30-40 hours on average.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I can easily make it through the day with plenty left over (Around 20% after 16 hours) but end up charging when I go to bed on my wireless charging pad. I also have a wireless pad at my desk at work that I use here and there during the week, so very rarely do I ever actual plug it in.

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Android system is always the top item under battery for me. I wish there was something we could do about it. I feel like it's eating my battery away.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Even with heavy usage this battery lasts all day. I top mine off at work throughout the day just because I have a charger in my office and I am just used to throwing it on the charger when not in use. On the days I don't, unplug at 5 am and plug in at 11 pm, still 30% + left in the tank.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'll top mine off during the day while at work, but that's only because the signal at work is crap-tastic, and drains the battery faster than normal.

Otherwise, it comes off the charger when I wake up and goes back on when I go to bed.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
As I have no desire to see how long my phone will last on a single charge, and since I am able to charge my phone almost any time I want, I do just that.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the day. On days of 10-15 hours SOT and running hotspot, it will have to be recharged, probably a few times.

Now on days when not using hotspot and say 5-7 hours SOT, it will last the entire day.

Of course, ymmv, many factors affect battery life.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
10-15 hours SOT?? 😮
Do you work on your phone all day? That's insane.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Once a day,even with heavy use I disconnect my note 5 at around 730 am,get home at 5 pm and still have some battery power to spare this phone's battery improved drastically within a couple of weeks of owning it.

Posted via the Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Once a day, i have topped it off just because i can, but it wasnt because it needed charged.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm quite the power user to be honest when it comes to using my N4. I would probably have to charge it roughly 3 times a day once it hits the lower ten percent of remaining battery life. My days usually start around 7am until whenever I end up going to sleep roughly around midnight. I'm hoping to get much better battery life when I make the jump over to the N5 this weekend.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I've gone 16+ hours without a charge and could've gotten at least 4-5 hours more. Usually I take it off the charger in the morning and may bump charge it early via the wireless charger at my desk. In my opinion this phones battery life is great.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk