Facebook Contacts sync not working

LuckyTaxes

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I think the issue here is that newer Note5's might have a higher version of Facebook preloaded. I got my phone yesterday and today I uninstalled all updates and it went back to version 34 so I cannot install v27 since 34 is the earliest version pre-installed on the phone. This sucks I really liked that sync option.

This actually makes sense!! I have Galaxy S6 and when I uninstall all updates, it goes back to version 35, therefore version 27 is not able to be installed because you cannot install a lesser version. So this workaround is not plausible if you don't have a pre-installed version less than 27 on your device.

The only workaround I have seen that is plausible is to install another app that works with Facebook and will update the contact pictures for you. The best one that I have seen is called "sync.me".

Please do let me know if anyone sees a better workaround!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This actually makes sense!! I have Galaxy S6 and when I uninstall all updates, it goes back to version 35, therefore version 27 is not able to be installed.

My S6 Edge didn't go back to 35.

I would look at carriers and see what version they are installing. AT&T installed version 16 on their Note 4, no matter when it was bought.

The software hasn't changed yet for the phones and I doubt they will ever change their Facebook version for a particular phone. They don't update Facebook, you do.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't read much but I left the alpha/beta testing and now I'm able to sync again. I'm not sure if you guys are using the alpha/beta app but I left and now I'm good.

ChS5

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
You would have Facebook installed, version 27 and after they are synced, you update to the newer version.

so you're saying:

1. uninstall current fb (v51)
2. install v27
3. system settings > accounts > facebook > sync contacts
4. now all the fb contacts (not phone contacts/google contacts/whatever) should appear in your contacts lists?

questions:
1. when uninstalling v51 fb, do you need to also uninstall fb pages manager? fb messenger?
2. where can i find v27 because the link you provided page 1 doesnt work
3. at what exact point in the process should i notice all my fb contacts visible in the phone's contact list?

thanks

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just uninstall Facebook. I have no idea how all appear, I don't sync Facebook contacts. I'm assuming everything you have synced will appear in your contacts list.

I don't believe I provided a link on page one. Search for Facebook at apk mirror and they have all the versions or just Google Facebook version 27 apk and you will find it.

Seth Mishne

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
i got facebook v52 thinking it would fix my contacts syncing problem but it did not. will facebook never fix this. I am not dealing with the hassle of downgrading to a older facebook version.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
i got facebook v52 thinking it would fix my contacts syncing problem but it did not. will facebook never fix this. I am not dealing with the hassle of downgrading to a older facebook version.

You only downgrade for a minute and then sync your contacts and then upgrade as usual.

ChS5

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
OK great. Thanks Kelly. It finally worked. previous attempts i tried installing v41 but never was able to try 27 until today because i had used the wrong link for a 27 in the past and assumed it was the same error as the 41 attempt.

what i did was (samsung s5):
1. uninstall facebook
2. google "facebook apk 27"
3. downloaded v27
4. run, open, sign in, allow samsung access
5. go to facebook app > settings menu > app settings > sync contacts (down the bottom)
6. close facebook
7. phone settings > accounts > facebook > sync contacts > sync now
8. now finally the fb contacts (not google contacts/sim/whatever) are visible in contacts list.

will try upgrading to v51 (newest) now and see if it remains. thanks

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
OK great. Thanks Kelly. It finally worked. previous attempts i tried installing v41 but never was able to try 27 until today because i had used the wrong link for a 27 in the past and assumed it was the same error as the 41 attempt.

what i did was (samsung s5):
1. uninstall facebook
2. google "facebook apk 27"
3. downloaded v27
4. run, open, sign in, allow samsung access
5. go to facebook app > settings menu > app settings > sync contacts (down the bottom)
6. close facebook
7. phone settings > accounts > facebook > sync contacts > sync now
8. now finally the fb contacts (not google contacts/sim/whatever) are visible in contacts list.

will try upgrading to v51 (newest) now and see if it remains. thanks

With S5 the issue is easy because you can actually remove FB completely from the S5.

Marese73

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
mine is the same. since the most recent Facebook update it seems this option is missing and its as if the facebook account has been deleted from my fone. When I look at my contact setting in the fone where it shows me which contacts are available to view Facebook is no longer listed. on the screenshot u put up there, my option to sync contacts is missing. my daughter says that they now sync from messenger but the option is on in messenger to sync contacts and still no luck...

ps mine is a samsung galaxy S5 with the most recent update also G900FXXU1BOJ1 come to think of it, it might be the software update that has stopped the contact sync

lola07

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi
I have one problem

I have Galaxy S4 ( Android 5.0.1)
Device not sync my contacts from Facebook. Till yesterday it was ok and everyday device automatically syncing new friends, and they was in my phonebook (contactlist). Now I checked sync, and start syncing . Then I open phonebook, and there is not contacts from Facebook.

How can I resolve it?

Thanks

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I have one problem

I have Galaxy S4 ( Android 5.0.1)
Device not sync my contacts from Facebook. Till yesterday it was ok and everyday device automatically syncing new friends, and they was in my phonebook (contactlist). Now I checked sync, and start syncing . Then I open phonebook, and there is not contacts from Facebook.

How can I resolve it?

Thanks

Have you read the thread, especially starting around post #25?

curtis2929

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Kelly, like I mentioned above, everything is set as it should, under Facebook account the Sync with this device and sync contacts are both selected, you can even hit sync now and it never gives an error and seems to run, but no contacts are syncing. Mine and every other phone one I've set has worked great, this 2 simply don't work.

I am also having this problem with my galaxy s5 after I had to reinstall it after it was having some problems, my Facebook contacts won't sync, I've gone through every setting in Facebook and my phone, I've even done a hard reset and tried it again, but I'm getting a new phone through the insurance tomorrow and hopefully it'll work fine, I've never had this problem before, I'll keep you updated.

AstroNerdBoy

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
While going back to version 27 does allow all the contacts to return, it is only for a short time. Mine stayed for about a week, but are now gone again. It is way too much of a pain in the rear to keep uninstalling the FB app, installing v27, syncing, then allowing it to upgrade. What we need to do is virtually storm the doors of Facebook and demand the return of this feature.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Of Facebook doesn't want to return it, doesn't matter how many demand it.

I was in a special group for almost two years with Facebook developers and others major employees, for Beta testing.

They don't care, the advertisers decide what they do.