Note 5 - Tried Samsung Pay - 1st time

NatalieB2015

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Wowzie. Finally had a reason to spend money today and I decided to use Samsung Pay. 3 Registers and 3 successes. It is very cool. The fingerprint worked perfectly each time. I even impressed a 20 something (who is about 3 decades younger than me) and earned some serious "cool" factor. lol

US Bank text message alerts notified me that I had a non-card transaction and the app itself tracks the number of purchases processed along with the merchant and amount.

I am very impressed.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: No Longer a Samsung Pay Virgin

Wowzie. Finally had a reason to spend money today and I decided to use Samsung Pay. 3 Registers and 3 successes. It is very cool. The fingerprint worked perfectly each time. I even impressed a 20 something (who is about 3 decades younger than me) and earned some serious "cool" factor. lol

US Bank text message alerts notified me that I had a non-card transaction and the app itself tracks the number of purchases processed along with the merchant and amount.

I am very impressed.

Congratulations Natalie B... I was in the Beta Test. It's really cool - and if that 20 something was 3 decades younger than you, we're in the same ballpark (I'm 65). The Bank Alerts (I use Bank of America) are almost instantaneous too. Their register/reader blings and then my email alert blings... I love it!

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Now if Chase would allow it's card to be used on SP ..... I am looking forward to this. One device, pay almost anywhere.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Nice, now if I could only find this on my Verizon Note 5. :-\

Yeah, I know - that sucks. Did you see the link to the FCC Consumer Complaint page in another thread here? Can't hurt to let them know!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-agreement-samsung-pay-use-2.html#post4723973

Now if Chase would allow it's card to be used on SP ..... I am looking forward to this. One device, pay almost anywhere.

I'm pretty sure as the word gets out from both we users and all the vendors, all the big card companies will be jumping on the band wagon!

Any plan for samsung pay to support usaa debit cards?

That's probably a question for Samsung or USAA I think!

Last edited:

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Any plan for samsung pay to support usaa debit cards?

Posted via the Android Central App
They got very quiet about it. In the beginning they were saying they were looking into it. Now nothing. I think we will find they signed an exclusive with android pay. I've been with USAA for 20 years. Just activated my Samsung Pay with my new Bank of America account today

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
64 GB
Black Sapphire
PT Platinum Case
Stylus inserted correctly
Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
Sprint PCS

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
That sucks. I was hoping to use SP with my usaa debit card. I guess I'll try Android Pay, but that defeats part of the reason I just bought this Note 5 today over the Nexus 6P.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That sucks. I was hoping to use SP with my usaa debit card. I guess I'll try Android Pay, but that defeats part of the reason I just bought this Note 5 today over the Nexus 6P.

More banks will be supported as time goes on. They will keep working with them to add more support.

NatalieB2015

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site

Congratulations Natalie B... I was in the Beta Test. It's really cool - and if that 20 something was 3 decades younger than you, we're in the same ballpark (I'm 65). The Bank Alerts (I use Bank of America) are almost instantaneous too. Their register/reader blings and then my email alert blings... I love it!

I'll admit I didn't catch this until the 2nd store - the phone vibrates while it is searching for card reader. Once my finger print unlocked the app it started vibrating. I was so worried about holding the line up I pre-unlocked the app. At the 3rd store I decided to wait until the clerk was ready for me to swipe. Call it superstition but no sense having the phone recognize another reader by accident. Lol

The vibration is nice - prevents accidental swiping by unlocking the app when I don't intend to.

May 5, 2011
Visit site

I saw a comment on Facebook from a Chase representative saying that they would be on it later this year. I have my Visa credit card with them.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

kenrb

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I used Samsung pay at a grocery store, and it was so fast, and easy! I was really surprised at how quick it processed with the swipe reader. Then tried it at Target last night, but kept getting card reader error.

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm all but done with Samsung pay. Set it up the first time and all worked. Then the damn thing gave me the can't process your transaction now error please try again later.

I ended up resetting get the app entering my info again and it worked.

Went to use it tonight and the same error pops up. I'll do it one more time and if it craps out its deleted and not coming back. I'll use something else.

It's these kinds of problems that give Samsung a bad name and IMO they've earned it.

Frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez