How to tell if my phone is unlocked?

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought an AT&T Note 5 at full price. Submitted a unlock request and received the code from AT&T a couple days later. Went through the steps they sent. But I don't remember seeing a screen confirming that its unlocked. When I put my GF's Verizon SIM in, they phone doesn't get any signal.

How can I tell if my phone is unlocked without tracking down a T-Mobile SIM card?

I thought an AT&T Note 5 will work on Verizon (if unlocked)??

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought an AT&T Note 5 at full price. Submitted a unlock request and received the code from AT&T a couple days later. Went through the steps they sent. But I don't remember seeing a screen confirming that its unlocked. When I put my GF's Verizon SIM in, they phone doesn't get any signal.

How can I tell if my phone is unlocked without tracking down a T-Mobile SIM card?

I thought an AT&T Note 5 will work on Verizon (if unlocked)??

The AT&T model doesn't have a Verizon radio so it not getting a signal would make sense (also if the APN settings are wrong). It may be able to snag LTE but not fully sure.

Is the Note 5 at least recognizing the Verizon SIM? Usually if a phone is SIM locked it will tell you right away the SIM cannot be used since the SIM is locked -- if it isn't saying that you should be good.

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
The AT&T model doesn't have a Verizon radio so it not getting a signal would make sense (also if the APN settings are wrong). It may be able to snag LTE but not fully sure.

Is the Note 5 at least recognizing the Verizon SIM? Usually if a phone is SIM locked it will tell you right away the SIM cannot be used since the SIM is locked -- if it isn't saying that you should be good.

I thought the VZW version has some common bands/frequencies with the AT&T model so it would work.

I don't remember it telling me its locked. Its just the usual homescreen with no signal.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I thought the VZW version has some common bands/frequencies with the AT&T model so it would work.

I don't remember it telling me its locked. Its just the usual homescreen with no signal.
It doesn't have lte band 13. Verizon won't let an lte device on its network without lte band 13,regardless of common bands.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't have lte band 13. Verizon won't let an lte device on its network without lte band 13,regardless of common bands.

Wow that is insane. So the device has to have band 13 to work on VZW regardless of common bands. WOWWWW!!!!

Its like locking out other carriers. Its like reverse locking.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow that is insane. So the device has to have band 13 to work on VZW regardless of common bands. WOWWWW!!!!

Its like locking out other carriers. Its like reverse locking.
Well at least until Verizon sunsets cdma... Maybe then things will change. Because Verizon's phones still have cdma, they have a white list of imei s allowed on the it's network.

Better than before lte band 13... You couldn't get any non Verizon branded device on Verizon even if it had the requisite radios.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez