Group texting with iPhone users

Carria25

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Had a iphone for past 7 years. Recently purchased a galaxy note 5 and I knew to turn off iMessage on phone and deregestering number through apple website. I receive individual texts from everyone and receive some group text's but not receiving certain ones with iPhone users attached.

geeksquadkid

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
They have to start a new group thread and delete the old one on each of their phones. Apple iMessage glitch

Posted via the Android Central App

jaymojones

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
That really sucks!!! Im going through the same issue right now. Sucks having to ask folks to delete threads that have been going on for months to start a new one

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
That really sucks!!! Im going through the same issue right now. Sucks having to ask folks to delete threads that have been going on for months to start a new one

Agree. It's ridiculous that Apple can't, or won't do anything about it. I like using iMessage when using my iPhone, but hesitate to start any group conversions.

My question is, where are my messages going that come from the group? I'm clearly deregistered because I get individual messages. I don't get why their server doesn't realize I'm no longer registered. It has to throw an exception on their end or something.

dgh1981

May 22, 2015
Visit site
The problem is that on the iPhone the existing thread isn't checked to see if anyone deregistered from imessage. It only is checked when starting new threads. Very annoying but Apple will never fix. They don't care.

Carria25

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Ok, thanks! I tried that before and still no luck, but I'm not sure everyone on the group text deleted the thread.

I'm tempted to just switch my number, as big of a pain in the **** as that would be.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I've constantly had this problem- deleting the thread did not work for me, it still happens, even with new threads. It WOULD usually be the main reason I'd switch back to iphone.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
This has been a problem for a long time. When I had my S6 the deleting old threads and starting new ones method didnt work for me. I still didnt receive group chats with iPhone users. With alot of my friends and family using iPhones it was a huge pain in the ****.

Carria25

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I've tried deregestering earlier this month and my number wasn't even listed/already removed it said. I still had a code sent and did the steps to no avail. Had this note 5 since Dec 8, tried everything possible myself and with Apple, Samsung and ATT. I turned off iMessage before selling phone, had friends delete existing group texts, deregestering number and so on. Think I'm just gonna get a new # today.