Locked screen notifications, how can I get my screen to light up when one comes in?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Locked screen notifications

Maybe I’m simply missing something. But, when you receive a new notification on your Note 5, and your screen is off, does it light up?
If so, how do I get my Note 5, to perform this feat.?

Also, I believe I asked this before, but, do you use a double tap to turn the screen on (merely to check for new notifications)?
If not, what is the best way around always pressing the home button to see what the new notifications are (i.e. a preview)? I know about the LED option, but, I sometimes want to see a quick preview of the notification when it initially comes in.

Thanks in advance

angrytentpole

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Locked screen notifications

Settings -> Personal -> Lockscreen & Security -> Notifications to show notification content on lockscreen.

Mine lights up when an incoming message appears. If I choose to show content, I simply hit the power button and it tells me who it was from and a small preview of the message.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the info. Currently, I have said settings set up. And, text message do in fact wake the screen.
However, email doesn't seem to do it, despite the option being set, in Settings, Personal, Lockscreen & Security, Notifications...

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

To confirm, I have a Note 5, on AT&T. My missus has a Note 4, on AT&T.
We both have email (Outlook.com & Gmail, respectively) yet neither of us get a woken screen when we receive email notifications (Exchange and Gmail app, respectively).

Weird, no?

angrytentpole

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site

I'm not so sure about that.

I know gmail used to have a normal notification icon and show on my lockscreen on my note 3, but I don't recall it ever waking up the screen.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
This morning, I had a chat with Samsung Mobile support. And, they confirmed that there isn’t a wake option for notifications of email.
Rather weird really…

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Correct stock there is no way to do this. There are third party apps that can do this though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member