Well that's ominous..,.software update message on my Note 5

brodieb

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: Well that's ominus...

I got the same thing - I am hoping it means MM update is on the way and this is a Cover Your A** measure.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Well that's ominus...

Update is out in Cambodia, so it shouldn't be long. I believe a Sprint rep pegged the update on April? That's not terrible, considering it comes from a carrier...

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Re: Well that's ominus...software update message on my Note 5

Nothing for Verizon. Last Verizon update 12/15/2015

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Well that's ominus...software update message on my Note 5

Just remember, this isn't a phone update, it's an APP update for the Backup/Restore system. It won't reboot your device, it won't change anything else, and it's, sadly, not Marshmallow yet :p

James8561

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
on T-Mobile and haven't got it. manually checked for updates and nothing. I disabled a lot of Samsung packages. Do I need to enable anything to get this

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
What do you do to see this message, or does it just appear spontaneously? I'm with Sprint via a reseller and I haven't seen anything yet.

Just by coincidence, my phone being rooted stock BOG1, I checked on Kies 3 last night and found that there's still only the BOK4 patch available.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
on T-Mobile and haven't got it. manually checked for updates and nothing. I disabled a lot of Samsung packages. Do I need to enable anything to get this
I am with T-Mobile and I got it days ago. It popped up on my screen and said it was a needed an urgent update. I've had my phone less than two weeks so I'm doing the updates when needed.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Probably... again, this is not a system update, so checking for updates in the About section wouldn't pop this up. If you disabled any of the Samsung Backup apps or maybe Smart Switch, that might be why you're not seeing this. But since this ISN'T A SYSTEM UPDATE, if you don't care for the Backup/Restore app, then chances are you won't miss the update either.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What do you do to see this message, or does it just appear spontaneously? I'm with Sprint via a reseller and I haven't seen anything yet.

Just by coincidence, my phone being rooted stock BOG1, I checked on Kies 3 last night and found that there's still only the BOK4 patch available.

It's an app update, and if you've disabled the app (not sure which one exactly) it won't pop up. It's not a system update, so this wouldn't show up in Kies or in the Software Update section of your phone. It's popping up for users 'spontaneously' as an APP update.