Lag over time? Phones start out fast but after a while they start to lag on my Note 2,3 and 4

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Every Note I have ever had (2,3,4) all started out amazing, then after time the battery life sucked and the phone lagged like crazy. Because of this, i skipped the Note 5.

With the announcement of the S7 Edge, I got the Samsung itch again. Looking at this forum, it seems like the Note 5 still has the lame battery, but I am hoping the 3600 mah battery for the S7edge will combat that.

How is the lag on the Note 5 after six months or so? is it lagging, or still pretty quick?

JohnnytheK

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lag over time?

No lag and my battery averages 17 hours, but in beast mode at work I only get 12 hours. I do top it off during lunch with my quick charge battery pack.

geoffjam78

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site

no lag yet, and I have had it since early November. I've used Nova launcher on it for a while, and flip back to TW too. I was an avid iPhone user before, and I think the Note 5 is smooth as butter!

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

No lag, I've had mine for 4 months. My battery has always seems fine, but I never really take notice- (which mean it must be fine) I sat in an emergency room for 14 hours, posting, browsing, reading, texting, and still had a little bit when I left.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Every Note I have ever had (2,3,4) all started out amazing, then after time the battery life sucked and the phone lagged like crazy. Because of this, i skipped the Note 5.

With the announcement of the S7 Edge, I got the Samsung itch again. Looking at this forum, it seems like the Note 5 still has the lame battery, but I am hoping the 3600 mah battery for the S7edge will combat that.

How is the lag on the Note 5 after six months or so? is it lagging, or still pretty quick?
My Note 3 does lag now. It still has a decent processor and more ram than most phones so I find it really annoying. I hate to change phones because this model still allows simultaneous talk and data even in 3G zone. Is this planned obsolescence or what? Why do good phones in perfect shape begin to lag after about 2 years of use? I used to be a Moto guy but their phones do the same thing again after about 2 years. If I go to any new Samsung I lose ir blaster which I use every day and simultaneous voice and data since I live in a 3G zone.

geoffjam78

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site

This may be a premature question, but have you tried wiping the system cache or do a full factory reset? Sometimes that helps.

josney

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

the only lag I have noticed was with text. ended up just being that I was saving a ridiculous number of text. deleted a ton and I have not had any issues since. how do you clear the cache on these phones?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

No lag that I can perceive. Note 5 is super smooth and responsive, and I say this with Galaxy S3, and Note 2-4 as my own comparison points.

Shaun Coleman

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Have had Note 5 since release, lag 0%. Runs like a beast whether solo or multi screen. Been solid with 50+ apps installed.

As mentioned a occasional system cache wipe would only help keep it on top

Bpschoon81

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I've started to have some lag. Apps take a quick 3 count to open, keyboard about a click behind. It's definitely starting. Some of it may be AT&T and no updates since October, but it's definitely note as quick as my Nexus 5.

Posted via the Android Central App