Both my Wife and I have a Note 5 and both have lost the S Pen out of the device in the first 3 months. We both had a Note 3 for 3 years and did not lose the pen one time. Samsung basically told me to take a hike due to the pen being lost and not broken. I told them the phone was broken that's why it fell out. Waiting for a supervisor now.
    02-26-2016 01:04 PM
    Both my Wife and I have a Note 5 and both have lost the S Pen out of the device in the first 3 months. We both had a Note 3 for 3 years and did not lose the pen one time. Samsung basically told me to take a hike due to the pen being lost and not broken. I told them the phone was broken that's why it fell out. Waiting for a supervisor now.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Did you get your issue resolved through Samsung? When you were putting the S-Pen back in did you make sure to click it in there?
    03-02-2016 08:53 AM
    Unfortunately the s pen falls out easily when the phone is dropped. I have had the s pen come out many many times. This wasn't a problem for my note 2,3,4.
    03-03-2016 06:57 PM
    Yes, that's happened to me a few times. S-Pen was definitely inserted and seated with a "click".

Recently, I saw this happen to someone else's Note 5 while at work. The S-Pen shot at least three feet across the floor (the floor has industrial type carpeting), and probably would have gone farther if the floor was not carpeted. Luckily that area wasn't too busy then, else the pen could have easily been stepped on. Can't say for sure if his pen was properly clicked in, though.
    03-04-2016 06:32 AM
    I keep losing mine as well. I ended up buying a new one because I lost the first one. The second one has the same problem. (I ended up finding my original one, so I have one in case I lose it again)
    03-04-2016 12:03 PM
    Weird, I've had 3 note 5s and never had my S Pen shootout
    03-04-2016 12:45 PM
    I too had the same problem. One day i dropped my phone and it hit the edge of the dresser & dislodged the pen only half way out befire it hit the floor and broke the pen in half at the S-pen button. The pen still worked though, so i put a piece of scotch tape about 2" long vertically up the pen to keep it together until i got a new one. I carefully wrapped the piece of tape centering it over the pen button and the 1/2 wide tape went around the pen 1 layer thick almost perfect. Low and behold the pen works perfectly and it always stays in without any issues ! .... Hope you try it : )
    09-23-2016 11:49 AM