locked SD card

dzstoys

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I recently sold my note edge, prior to doing so, I removed the micro SD card I had in it. I tried to put this card in my camera and I am getting a message that the card is locked and can not take pictures or format the card. I have tried to format the card using a Mac and PC and each time it fails. I have tried with and without a SD adapter and always get the same results. I can read the contents of the card on my PC and Mac, but when I put the card in the USB reader and try to read it with my Note 5, it does not work. Other micro SD cards work fine with the adapter and the Note 5, so I know it is the card itself, not the adapter.

Any ideas on how to unlock this card so I can use it?

dzstoys

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I tried that and it did not work. It tells me that the SD card is write protected. My PC has a micro SD slot so I am not using an adapter on the pc, but I am on my Mac. I also found that the PC can not write files to the SD but the Mac can.

Once files are written on the Mac, I can delete those files and they are gone for good. Any pre existing files on the SD card that I delete using the Mac or the PC come back when I remove and re-insert the card.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. I'm not exactly sure what's going on. But I would still suspect the problem lies with the card. Since microSD cards don't have a write-protect tab, I would guess that something inherent with the card is preventing it from being read or written to correctly.