Samsung Fast Wireless Charging Stand Pauses!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I got the wireless charging stand delivered today. Worked great for my S7 Edge. On my Note 5, I too got the flashing blue light after a few minutes. After reading this thread, I turned my phone sideways and the phone continued to charge without problems. I do have an Otter Box case on it so that might have helped this problem show itself. I may try and charge without a case sometime this week to see what happens.

choiceva

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
My wireless charger worked with s-view cover on it, after few month later I have same problems. After I removed s-ciew cover, charger works fine.

Vlad Kollerov

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Ok, meet the same problem with just bought EP-NG930 from Amazon. After digging this forum and a little thinking - found the problem and solution.

0. Do not wipe your phone, this is bull****. It has nothing to do with wireless charging. In my case I have Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with 3-rd party wireless charger inside. And Lumia 930. On her Nokia wireless chargers - both phones working great. On Samsung charger - no one.

1. Charger! Fair 2A charger, not the Chinese "1000 ampere". In first attempt I plugged it to a wall socket extender, bought from regular store. With 2 USB charging slots, market as 2000ma chargers. So in this case - nothing worked, charger was able to find the phone for a very short period of time, and then - dark, or blue lid blinking. I have a USB cable with A/V on it. So I plugged it in - and the consumption current was jumping to ~500ma. So I switched to Nokia original charger - and what do you know? It working! Charging current jumped to 1.2 amperes.

But this is not all.

2. Cable! After successful testing with my multimeter cable I plug Nokia charger with regular Samsung USB cable. And it stopped working. I don’t know how it possible to ****up with USB cable, and what can be wrong with such simplest thing, but it is the cause. (Wire diameters? Resistance? Short circuited data wires? I don’t know.) I’ve checked 5 different cables, and only 6-th worked! (I think this was form original Nokia charger, but I doubt – they all black.) Ok, another, expensive USB cable worked, but it was cable I’ve bought for my headphones. And almost all of them worked as direct USB chargers! But not with wireless charger!
So, solution is simple. If you meet this problem – check your charger and cable. I don’t want to cut them, check resistance and wires diameters, but I think problem is somewhere there.

Last edited:

DHRDHB333

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I had the same problem a month ago but got it working. Don't use all the time. Tried last night and it wasn't working again which is why I came here to look for a fix. Went thru most except master resets. Still not working. Since rooting s7 have lots of apps lol and yea I tinker a bit lol. But the only thing I changed that I could remember was in a battery app I have. So I turned all the settings when to turn on. When charging wired. USB connect. Wireless.I turned them all off. And when to turn off I changed to always... Fixed the prob wireless works fine. Turned off daydream as that didn't work. Turned of NFC as that didn't work. Both 1amp and 2amp charges work for wireless. Mine is a slow wireless charge. I don't know why or what the battery app settings did to affect it as I am a noob at android but hoping you all may figure it.... Keep up the great post guys and gals very helpful for us noobs lol.......

Last edited:

jj2me

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
[...]

But this is not all.

2. Cable! After successful testing with my multimeter cable I plug Nokia charger with regular Samsung USB cable. And it stopped working. I don’t know how it possible to ****up with USB cable, and what can be wrong with such simplest thing, but it is the cause. (Wire diameters? Resistance? Short circuited data wires? I don’t know.) I’ve checked 5 different cables, and only 6-th worked! (I think this was form original Nokia charger, but I doubt – they all black.) Ok, another, expensive USB cable worked, but it was cable I’ve bought for my headphones. And almost all of them worked as direct USB chargers! But not with wireless charger!
So, solution is simple. If you meet this problem – check your charger and cable. I don’t want to cut them, check resistance and wires diameters, but I think problem is somewhere there.

Thank you! A cable switch (the first micro USB cable I tried) is what worked for me (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+, which is practically the Note 5). It's an 18" cable instead of the nearly 4-foot OEM cable.

My OEM (bought from Verizon) Samsung combination of fast wireless charger pad, fast charging adapter, and micro-USB cable worked fine all summer at a summer house. In my main house, it worked one day, but only in the third outlet I tried. Today, in that same outlet, nothing except an initial green - blue - green one-time sequence of blinking lights followed by no light, or no lights at all. The phone's display showed no charging of the phone, neither fast nor slow.

I'm happy that it's just the cable, which are plentiful in most homes. The OEM pad and adapter work fine. The best possible outcome, that the cheapest, most ubiquitous part is all that's defective.

I had the same reaction, so I'll just quote you again:
I don’t know how it possible to ****up with USB cable

haayjude

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
I just received my Samsung 7 Edge and my wireless Samsung charger yesterday. When the phone is vertical and centered it works great, when I put it horizontally, it was a bit tricky. You have to off set it - to the right - more to the right, so that it is NOT centered. I just watched a video - play by play - on how to change the battery - yes you CAN change the battery, but it takes many tools, heating things and Exacto knives and whatnot. The reason I watched was to find out exactly where the battery was located, well, come to find out, it is rectangular and, basically runs the full length of the phone. That aside, you just need to again, offset it, and it will stop blinking. The battery covers, almost, all the area below the camera lens on the back, for perspective.

123spongebob123

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I have 3 charges and the same thing happens on all 3. It does work with my S7Edge with them I tried wipe cache partition-restart-Re did connections on all three. It ain't the chargers and why did this all of a sudden happen. Did anyone call Samsung. The instructions does not make sense because not the chargers. They all are OEM Samsung Fast Chargers. They all have worked for year
Drives me nuts hate to plug in.

jj2me

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have 3 charges and the same thing happens on all 3. It does work with my S7Edge with them I tried wipe cache partition-restart-Re did connections on all three. It ain't the chargers and why did this all of a sudden happen. Did anyone call Samsung. The instructions does not make sense because not the chargers. They all are OEM Samsung Fast Chargers. They all have worked for year
Drives me nuts hate to plug in.

Have you tried Vlad's suggestion to swap cables? It worked for me (see two posts above yours). Yes it sounds strange that top-tier manufacturer Samsung would supply wonky micro-USB cables.

BondoFox

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
My problem is weirder still, and any help is can get would be helpful.

On our new wireless fast charge stand, my wife's 6Edge won't charge buto MY 6Edge will! I have an Otter Case and she has a much thinner case. ANY suggestions anyone?

rexb

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
OK. It took me a while to find a solution to this problem. Here it is from my service tech. It is not the pad, it is the phone.
Try wiping the system cache and then do the master reset.

For firmware-related charging issues, it’s always advisable to delete the system cache first. Corrupt caches may affect the hardware as well and may hinder charging. There have been so many reports that wiping the cache partition fixed power and charging-related issues. Therefore, it’s worth doing it and here’s how…

Turn off your Galaxy Note 5.
Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key.
When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
Press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.

I tried this and it works. I now have no problem doing a fast wireless charge.

Thank you! About to lose it until I googled a fix and found this post! I have 3 fast wireless chargers (2 at home and 1 at work) and all of them kept pausing with my Note 5 after 10 seconds I put them on the wireless chargers. It worked if I remove the case but this is not a viable work around for me. I did the wipe cache partition steps and so far so good! Thanks again.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
My problem is weirder still, and any help is can get would be helpful.

On our new wireless fast charge stand, my wife's 6Edge won't charge buto MY 6Edge will! I have an Otter Case and she has a much thinner case. ANY suggestions anyone?
Did you try charging hers without the case to make sure it's not the phone?

bayron vasquez

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
Use the slow samsung charger or the samsung slow charging plug on the fast charging stand you will only achieve slow charge but 50 percent of something is better than 100 percent of nothing

rexb

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Ok, the fix was short lived. My Note 5 will not wirelessly fast charge! It still pauses! I have a Spigen CF backed case that is low profile and it used to be able to fast charge without any issues. Now it pauses 5 seconds after I put it on the fast wireless dock. Is there something going on with this phone lately? If i use a different plug it can wireless charge but lose fast charging option. This sucks!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo