Samsung Fast Wireless Charging Stand Pauses!

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I have Spigen changing stand with Samsung fast charge cables connected. This configuration worked like a champ for a long time (~9 months). Then I noticed that the LED at the bottom of hte charger would start alternating BLUE/RED/BLUE/RED and the phone would DISCHARGE overnight. This happened intermittently -- I finally just pulled the cord and connected it directly to the phone. Less convenient, but it works. After a couple days, I plugged the cable back into the Spigen charging stand and wireless charging worked as it should. After a few days, though, it would again go into discharge, with phone (Note5) turned off and 0% battery in the morning. Went back to charging directly from the cable.

On a different Spigen charging stand (same model) I placed the phone to charge while doing computer work. I noticed I did NOT get the "charging" notification, so I watched closely and saw the Battery drop about 1 % per minute while on the charging stand. Same action as with the other charging stand -- removed the Samsung cable from teh charging stand and plugged directly to the phone. Fast charge proceeded as expected.

[Scratches head.] No idea what is causing the intermittent charge or discharge behavior. Any suggestions?

anderdea

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I just purchased a used Note 5. I was having the same issue with the Samsung inductive charging plate (model EP-PG920a) using the Samsung charger and Cable. I have a Spigen case on it. So I figured it was due to the case. For yucks and giggles I tried my iPad Air charger. Wow! I don't know why but no issues al all. Charged to 100% and then shut off. Maybe it outputs more power than the Samsung.

Also, the battery isn't that great at holding a charge. Don't know if it's because it's a used phone or a system update that some people have mentioned. The phone (black ugh!) but is in pristine condition.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought this piece of junk with reward points. Does exactly what others are saying. Brand new. I thought my phone battery was bad because it would be dead at noon. Realized my brand new "fast charger" was only charging for about 2 minutes and stops.
Bought directly from samsung.

anderdea

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I took the suggestion of some people on the forum. My N5 after a full charge would be down to 75% after only an hour of just sitting on the counter. I let it discharge to all the way. Then recharged Fully. It took 2'15" to charge. After an hour and a half it was down to 88%. Good improvement but could be better, but much better than when I purchased it, used a week ago. 14 hours later it was at 45%. I have purchased a battery to replace down the road it it gets bad again.

jj2me

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
[Scratches head.] No idea what is causing the intermittent charge or discharge behavior. Any suggestions?

Please try Vlad's "swap out the cable" suggestion, and report back. I believe I had similar symptoms with the Samsung OEM stand, though I've forgotten now the exact details. Don't assume the cable is good for supplying enough charging oomph to the stand just because it works in other applications (I just tried my bad cable on a PC to connect a phone and it worked for that application). Costs nothing but a minute or two of your time. Try at least two cables, especially shorter ones (I found a longer one that worked). It fixed Vlad's and my charging stands.

anderdea

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I tried the cable from my Note 4 which is now up for sale. It's the only other Samsung phone charging cable I have. The same issue. Using ether cable (Note 4 or 5) and the charging pad, it only worked with my iPad Air Charger with ether of these cables plugged into it. Didn't work with the Note 4 of 5 Samsung Fast charge, charger.

womanlexy

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure of all what Vlad spoke of, but what I gathered from it was to unplug the charger from my surge protector and then plug it into the wall. Wah-lah!

Thanks, Vlad!

Ammarwhd

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
Hey..I'm new to Android central. As said by Vlad Kollerov, you should try to change to your cable and make sure that you are plugging your wireless charger directly into the wall socket. I just figured it out that plugging my wireless charger into a socket board with multiple outlets will not let me charge my phone. My laptop adaptor was connected to the socket next to my wireless charger's..My phone stopped charging and the light was blinking until i disconnected my charger and plugged into the outlet directly. My guess is that it other appliances consume more power and the wireless pad stops working.
Hope it helps for someone.

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
My son bought me one for Christmas and i have the same exact problem! Sometimes it charges beautifully, and other times it keeps pausing. Simetimes it charges through my case protector. Other times i have to take the back of the case off.

CAMOS

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
I have an S7 Edge and mine just started the pausing and blinking thing about a week ago. It doesn't happen every time I charge, but I'm up to about 50% now. I only see this going down hill from here. Nothing I have tried is fixing it.

Junaid Shahid

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
I kinda accidentally found a gix for this bug. I call it a bug because the wireless charging stand is in actual fact not faulty at all.

I just left my Note 5 to charge sideways on the wireless charging stand and it stopped blinking on me after that. If you try to place your phone standing upright, you can actually see that most of the phone back area is above the charging area. If you place it sideways you can adjust yiur ohone to be in the centre. Well at least it worked for me which led me to this conclusion.

yo jonathanfung...

Thanks a lootttttttt man!!!!!!!

Simple solution worked wonder :D

Hats off to you for sharing!!!!
@jonathanfung

iieeann

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Interesting findings (and confusing), below is the observation i made with S7 edge. This shows the Samsung Wireless Fast Charger is choosy on the wall charger and cable used.

Two wireless fast chargers are used:-
1) Samsung wireless fast charger (I have 3, all yield exactly same result)
2) Dodocool wireless fast charger 10W (for car)

Three wall and two car chargers are put into the test:-
1) Samsung adaptive wall charger
2) Aukey QC 3.0 wall charger ( i have 3 different models of Aukey QC 3.0 wall charger, all same result)
3) Common 2V wall charger
4) Aukey QC 3.0 car charger
5) Ventev QC 2.0 car charger

Six USB cables are used:-
1) S7 edge original cable
2) Aukey original cable (i have more than 10 of these)
3) Asus Padfone2 cable
4) Ventev cable
5) Dodocool cable
6) Unknown brand generic cable

RESULTS for Samsung Wireless Fast Charger:-
1) Samsung adaptive wall charger
  • + S7 cable = perfect
  • + Aukey cable = perfect
  • + Asus cable = perfect
  • + Ventev cable = perfect
  • + Dodocool cable = perfect
  • + unknown cable = normal speed charge only, working good

2) Aukey QC 3.0 wall charger
  • + S7 cable = perfect
  • + Aukey cable = fast charging paused !? (< 5% success rate if repeating try with different orientation)
  • + Asus cable = perfect
  • + Ventev cable = fast charging paused

3) Common 2V charger or Aukey AIO charging port
- All cables normal speed charging only, working good

4) & 5) Aukey QC 3.0 & Ventev QC 2.0 car charger
  • + S7 cable = perfect
  • + Aukey cable = fast charging paused
  • + Asus cable = perfect
  • + Ventev cable = fast charging paused

RESULTS for Dodocool Wireless Fast Charger:-
All Samsung and QC compatible charger (wall and car) work perfectly with all cables except for unknown cable. Common 2V charger do only normal speed charging.

Samsung Wireless Fast Charger is best compatible with its own adaptive charger and the original cable. It works with QC compatible wall (or car) charger too but choosy on cable.

Dodocool Wireless Fast Charger has very good compatibility with Adaptive and QC wall +car charger, not choosy on cable.

Aukey is quite famous brand, the cable looks so exclusive and solid but was rejected by Samsung Fast Wireless Charger...? hehe...

Common 2.0V or even higher voltage charger will not fast charge wirelessly regardless of cable used.

Last edited:

Eddie Zaragoza

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
This just started happening on my Note 5 and I was able to fix it by enabling the Daydream screensaver as someone mentioned above.

My only change is that I set it to use Daydream whenever my phone was docked instead of charging in order to keep my screen off while using my fast wireless charging stand. No longer an issue. Thanks for the suggestion!!

spain196

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
"changed usb cable to wireless charging pad"

Hi,
I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus, I am currently using the stand up wireless pad from my S7 edge to charge it, at the beginning I was getting the wireless charging paused message, my solution to the problem was to change the usb cable that connects to the wireless charging pad sometimes the micro usb is too loose and it fails, when you plug it into the pad make sure the micro usb has a tight fit and it should work. It worked for me.

ojoma

May 3, 2017
Visit site
I just received my Samsung 7 Edge and my wireless Samsung charger yesterday. When the phone is vertical and centered it works great, when I put it horizontally, it was a bit tricky. You have to off set it - to the right - more to the right, so that it is NOT centered. I just watched a video - play by play - on how to change the battery - yes you CAN change the battery, but it takes many tools, heating things and Exacto knives and whatnot. The reason I watched was to find out exactly where the battery was located, well, come to find out, it is rectangular and, basically runs the full length of the phone. That aside, you just need to again, offset it, and it will stop blinking. The battery covers, almost, all the area below the camera lens on the back, for perspective.

This works for me everytime. I have a galaxy S7 and I thought "paused charging" had to do with the Samsung wireless Charger stand. For those still having issues with the charging, they should try shifting the phone to the right of the charger. Thanks.

Abe Degnan

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I kinda accidentally found a gix for this bug. I call it a bug because the wireless charging stand is in actual fact not faulty at all.

I just left my Note 5 to charge sideways on the wireless charging stand and it stopped blinking on me after that. If you try to place your phone standing upright, you can actually see that most of the phone back area is above the charging area. If you place it sideways you can adjust yiur ohone to be in the centre. Well at least it worked for me which led me to this conclusion.

Can you post a photo of what you mean by this? Is this the angled charging stand? I have a flat one with the same issues. Placing it sideways on the charging stand of my wife's does not help.

ravenjim55

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I found the solution for my Note 5 that would always pause charging wirelessly and then the
blue blinking light.
I tried all the sollutions online people suggested but none worked.
The one that did work for me was clearing the cache. I had already tried it earlier, but gave it another try and voila, the second time I cleared the cache it now charges wirelessly as it did before.

Hope it works for you.

WildWilly99

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I found the solution for my Note 5 that would always pause charging wirelessly and then the
blue blinking light.
I tried all the sollutions online people suggested but none worked.
The one that did work for me was clearing the cache. I had already tried it earlier, but gave it another try and voila, the second time I cleared the cache it now charges wirelessly as it did before.

Hope it works for you.

Ok, tried the cache cleaning, 2x, no change. The fix for my TYLT wireless charger was to move the phone off the center line by 1/4". SO WEIRD, but IT WORKED IMMEDIATELY. Not sure WHY the phone suddenly decided to not work with this and a Samsung wireless charger, but it had, so this WORKS!

David Pelkey

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
Ok. I thunk I've figured out the general issue with these small/fast wireless charging pads from samsung.

They are somehow not greeting proper current/voltage. I hooked up my pad using a Aukey fast wireless
Charger with an older samsung fast charge usb cable. (I swear they put the standard cables from left over slow chargers into these kits. (I mean a white cord on a mostly black pad and black wall plug? ) Plus that cord is a dead ringer for my galaxy s4.

I could get my note 8 to charge fast wirelessly with the white cable but I had to play "hit 'c' spot" and some times it took to long. I bet if you cut the cable in half and spliced it back together with half R you would get better results. Or try another fast charge cable you know doesn't go winky.

(email removed by Moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress