Who is ditching note 5 for note 7?

Insurgent-Naqi

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Pretty disappointed with Note 7 launch and specs. Just adding iris scanner and other software twiks does not male it worth the upgrade. Was expecting snapdragon 821 or 823 and 6 gb of ram. But that Note 7 has nothing. Just software related features like spen functionality improvement and always on. Iris scanner is just a market gimmick and its just cool nor needed. Water resistant is also the same.
What do u guys say. I am disappointed. One plus is even better than this. What do u say? Is it really worth the upgrading and who is upgrading from note 5 to note 7. Do share your thoughts !
Cheerio

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I was seriously considering it. Has a few nice features I like. The iris scanner the UsbC charge port, the water and dust resistance, the external storage slot for sd card, and the edge screen

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I am upgrading. Better battery, water resistance, iris scanner, SD card, more sensitive s pen, better camera, and usb c.

It's hardly the same phone as the Note 5, there's a lot more to offer on this one and it's definitely worth the upgrade in my opinion.

droidtgray

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Not right away but soon.. smaller form factor, water resistance, larger battery, more base storage, SD card. I Wanted the edge but didn't want to lose the pen. I work long days, it rains a lot here, and current phone only has 2 gigs of memory left. No brainer. Only question is $.

Posted via the Android Central App

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I would of, but the curved screen is a deal breaker for me. Although it looks nice, I need to be able to put a tempered screen protector on whatever phone I'm using. Tempered just doesn't work very well with curved screen phones that also have cases.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered one this morning for these reasons, only cost me $74 on Jump On Demand so worth it to me... plus I'm a gadget geek and like to get the new toys.

Same here sprint allows me to jump for $50.00 and I like being on the latest and greatest Notes. So far I've had every Note the only one I didnt have was the original. Ever since then it's been a Note after every year. The only one that truly disappointed me was the Note 3. The 4th was beautiful and the 5th note is pure elegance. But the note 7 is in another world. Great to have the micro sd card once again and also the waterproof and honestly the new TouchWiz UX is what hassold me aside from hardware and specs.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
No way am I ditching a Note 5 for a Note 7!

I've got a 64Gig model with a very fast processor, excellent display, cases, charges, cables on the Verizon network.

Even though the phone only cost me $400 because of a $500 credit I received for dumping UDP...

The Note 5 rocks everything I do and it does it well.

To shell out a thousand bucks for a phone including taxes, cases, accessories is crazy... for me when the Note 5 works incredibly well.

YMMV. Enjoy your new phones!

Posted via the Android Central App

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Sprint I was about to preorder my black onyx Galaxy Note 7 when they told me that leasing is no longer available and only installment payments are available very disappointed now getting the Galaxy Note 7 will cost me $130 in earnings and Note 5 and on top of that no longer being able to upgrade next year if I wanted to get the Note 8

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Sprint I was about to preorder my black onyx Galaxy Note 7 when they told me that leasing is no longer available and only installment payments are available very disappointed now getting the Galaxy Note 7 will cost me $130 in earnings and Note 5 and on top of that no longer being able to upgrade next year if I wanted to get the Note 8
What, when did they start this now? 1 more year to go with them and it's bye bye.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
What, when did they start this now? 1 more year to go with them and it's bye bye.

You can now lease phones and it'swhat i was planning on doing for the Note 7. I like havung the option to upgrade every year but leasing allowed for no money down but installation payments are 35.00 a month on top of my bill plus 130. The only Galaxy now allowed to lease is the S7 and S7 edge and Sprint is horrible for for discontinuing that service for the Note line.

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
You can now lease phones and it'swhat i was planning on doing for the Note 7. I like havung the option to upgrade every year but leasing allowed for no money down but installation payments are 35.00 a month on top of my bill plus 130. The only Galaxy now allowed to lease is the S7 and S7 edge and Sprint is horrible for for discontinuing that service for the Note line.
What month did you get your note 5? I got mine last august and was signed up for the galaxy forever plan. I'm choosing not to do it tho because my note 5's signal is so up and down my battery life doesn't compare to others that have a good signal. I have other options so i will forget about upgrading, ride this contract out and go somewhere else.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I got it in August also and they are telling me the Gakaxy forever plan doesn't exist anymore when that was simply the biggest benefit of why i went to the Note 5 from the Note 4

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I got it in August also and they are telling me the Gakaxy forever plan doesn't exist anymore when that was simply the biggest benefit of why i went to the Note 5 from the Note 4
Interesting, I just stopped in last month just to see about if i wanted to trade in the 5 for the 7 and they told me i could do it and my plan would go back to 2 years. That's when i said well that will never happen. I swear some reps have no clue what they are doing.