Would you get a note 5 today?

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I think with the death of the N7, there will be a revival of the N5.. :) I just ordered one from the bay. it's the closest we can get to the N7 (only lacks two main features.. W/R & SD slot)

Cheers,
BR

GSEYYZ

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I am in Canada trying to get one for my wife and I can't get a Note 5 all the carriers have cancelled the phone. Not happy

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
The downside of this is that the cost of an N5 may go up due to the increased demand, this may also affect availability of quality preowned devices. (IMHO)

Cheers,
BR

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been fighting with myself i loved my Note 5 when i had it... got rid of it for my Note 7... should i get the Note 5 again? I miss the S pen!
I had an s7 edge didnt really want to go back to that...

I would. . No other phone was going to suit me. . I really like it.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. I feel a lot better now about giving up this work of art. I made one mistake. Didn't realize I was getting the 32 and not 64. And I have 2 new sd cards. Guess I'll depend a lot more on cloud services. I have so many on SD.

I knew I was getting it. Verizon doesn't stock 64 gig in store but Verizon is out of stock on it till middle of November. Told me I can order it but will use the cloud. . It's cheaper too and am OK with it. Got instant gratification getting and got the gold. . I like it.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
One of my local Best Buys had two 64GB. A white and that gorgeous dark sapphire blue. I took the sapphire blue.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
My note 5 is finally set up and I'm done with this mess! I wrote somewhere, I don't remember what thread. I thought it was this one but I don't see it. I'm shocked at how FAST and smooth the N5 is. I really didn't expected that . I had my N4 before the 7. I'm very happy with the 5. I found mine by calling my carriers sales department. I didn't shop online. He was immediately able to see what was in Stock and sent my note overnight. This whole thing was a nightmare. It became painfully clear how very much technology has taken over or lives.. I was crippled without my NOTE!

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
My note 5 is finally set up and I'm done with this mess! I wrote somewhere, I don't remember what thread. I thought it was this one but I don't see it. I'm shocked at how FAST and smooth the N5 is. I really didn't expected that . I had my N4 before the 7. I'm very happy with the 5. I found mine by calling my carriers sales department. I didn't shop online. He was immediately able to see what was in Stock and sent my note overnight. This whole thing was a nightmare. It became painfully clear how very much technology has taken over or lives.. I was crippled without my NOTE!

Sorry , It WAS this THREAD I posted on. I'm clearly exhausted and don't know what I'm doing! . It's 3a.m. Time to get some sleep...

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying your note 5. I just picked up a new one at tmobile on an eip. I know it's more that way but in my case it works out best and I feel more at ease with a new device that tmobile supports. They've been great with the Note 7 issues plus my son's recent s6 issue. Love the Note 5. Mine is black and has a black unicorn case and a clear gel case for my hybrid bike-fits in the phone mount best that way

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying your note 5. I just picked up a new one at tmobile on an eip. I know it's more that way but in my case it works out best and I feel more at ease with a new device that tmobile supports. They've been great with the Note 7 issues plus my son's recent s6 issue. Love the Note 5. Mine is black and has a black unicorn case and a clear gel case for my hybrid bike-fits in the phone mount best that way

I'm happy this is over! I found something that helps take the sting out of our losing the always on display. And it WORKS! It's called always on ambient clock. But it's more than a clock. It shows clock , date, battery icon, and notification icon that actually keeps the correct count. If moves around the screen so there's no screen burn. You can choose whatever color u want, customize the hrs you want it on, change the clock and font style, the color, the opacity, And it's FREE. I found it this morning. It's as close as you can get. No waving your hand over sensors to bring it up, it's 'always on'... No more looking at a black screen! I hated losing that. So until Samsung brings it to the N5, this works! Some of the others look like the actual note 7s but they either don't stay on for does than a few seconds or they don't work with fingerprint lock. Really happy about this find ..

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm happy this is over! I found something that helps take the sting out of our losing the always on display. And it WORKS! It's called always on ambient clock. But it's more than a clock. It shows clock , date, battery icon, and notification icon that actually keeps the correct count. If moves around the screen so there's no screen burn. You can choose whatever color u want, customize the hrs you want it on, change the clock and font style, the color, the opacity, And it's FREE. I found it this morning. It's as close as you can get. No waving your hand over sensors to bring it up, it's 'always on'... No more looking at a black screen! I hated losing that. So until Samsung brings it to the N5, this works! Some of the others look like the actual note 7s but they either don't stay on for does than a few seconds or they don't work with fingerprint lock. Really happy about this find ..

I removed the notification and the battery info from the ambient clock app & left the time and date. It was using to much battery. But it's still better than a black screen. Also, I always used chrome but when trying Internet on the N5 it's much smoother and faster. Anyone else notice this??

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Went today and picked up a note 5 32gb.
It was suppose to be a 64gb.
But they sold all of them but the one I have.
Buddy that went with me had to settle for a note 4.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Went today and picked up a note 5 32gb.
It was suppose to be a 64gb.
But they sold all of them but the one I have.
Buddy that went with me had to settle for a note 4.

It's great that u found one. I'm loving it. Check out the app I wrote about. I'm using the clock and date. It uses little battery if only using those 2 features , is made for amiloid displays. S7 and edge got their always on display download . I would have thought we'd get ours first being that our 7s are gone. But I'm hoping we get it sometime soon. This app serves a purpose if you're missing your AOD. ENJOY. A new club.. The note 5 reserection Club!

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Great phone. I've had mine for like 8 months or so now. I love it. The flat screen best for stylus use. The memory is fine as long as you utilize a cloud service. all in all I'm very happy with it. If you're not use to big phone though then you'll have a problem but if not then you'll be good.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Bought the S7E several months back. Gave it to the wife when I got the note 7.
I always liked the always on display.
Miss it on the note 5.

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Title kinda says it all. I wanted a note 7 but given what's going on I am looking at getting a note 5 for half the cost. Those of you with a note 5 does yours still work great and would you recommend?

Yes I never planned to upgrade to the Note 7 anyway because I am happy with my Note 5. My only issue is the S pen is so fragile. I'm on my 3rd one in a year.