Samsung Calendar Notifications Keep Screen On Post-Nougat

lepa71

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Are you going to follow up with Samsung that their suggestion didn't work?

We all should post a review with this issue for Samsung pay.

lepa71

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I think I fixed it. I removed all cards from favorite cards, then tested the calendar to make sure it works. After that I re-added couple cards back and tested calendar again. It seems to work still.

Hope you can do the same.

bassoprofundo

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I think I fixed it. I removed all cards from favorite cards, then tested the calendar to make sure it works. After that I re-added couple cards back and tested calendar again. It seems to work still.

Hope you can do the same.

That didn't work for me when I tried before. In fact, that's how I tested and was able to repro the issue consistently (i.e.- uncheck the cards so there are none in favorites, tests ok, recheck the cards so they're back in favorites, test again and the issue is back). I'm assuming you didn't remove the cards from Samsung Pay altogether (not just favorites), right?

bassoprofundo

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Just from favorites, but only activate couple.

Btw I have s7.

Tried that on my Note 5 again just to check, but it didn't have any effect. I did finally get a chance to contact Samsung today, and the rep said they have an updated version of the software dropping within a week that has a bunch of fixes included. She said to wait until the next version drops, install, retest, and then contact them back if it isn't resolved.

lepa71

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Just fyi. I think I spoke too soon. It's back. I also posted review and created a thread in Samsung community forum. We all should do it to get Samsung's attention.

bassoprofundo

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Got an update from Samsung Pay 2.7.03 today to 2.7.05, which I'm assuming is the software update they referenced when I called last week, but it didn't fix the issue. Just verified again by going into Samsung Pay post-update, checking the box to add one of my cards to favorites, and the calendar notification and phone call issue reappears. Guess I'm going to have to call them again... ARGH

RAWedges

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I are having the same issue. I turned off the lock screen and screen off features under favorite cards and it appeared to fix the issue.

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys I'd like to post another potential fix. This worked for me. I use Samsung Pay, but I read that if you disable lock screen access for Samsung Pay the calendar event won't keep your screen on. I can live with unlocking my phone before I use Samsung Pay.

Here the fix: open the SP app. Tap the three little dots to go into settings. Under 'Use Favorite Cards', uncheck lock screen.

bassoprofundo

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys I'd like to post another potential fix. This worked for me. I use Samsung Pay, but I read that if you disable lock screen access for Samsung Pay the calendar event won't keep your screen on. I can live with unlocking my phone before I use Samsung Pay.

Here the fix: open the SP app. Tap the three little dots to go into settings. Under 'Use Favorite Cards', uncheck lock screen.

Same as RAWedges mentioned above... I'd tried this on both the Note5 and S7 edge originally, and it had no effect for me. Going to try again here ASAP to see if maybe that changed with the latest Samsung Pay update.

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I failed to throughly test it. I'm sorry.
If the Samsung Pay is open in the background my method works.
If I force close SP then lock my phone, my method does not work.
Last Sunday night in church my pocket was Hella Hot. I didn't find out why untill I got to my car.

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
The only consistent fix I have is by going into each card and removing it from favorites. And then removing favorites from sleep, home, and lock screen.

While this is inconvenient; it works for me as I only use Samsung Pay once a week or so. And I can launch a card by launching the SP app.

I believe Samsung will find a fix since this can be replicated on various basebands and models.

bassoprofundo

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I failed to throughly test it. I'm sorry.
If the Samsung Pay is open in the background my method works.
If I force close SP then lock my phone, my method does not work.
Last Sunday night in church my pocket was Hella Hot. I didn't find out why untill I got to my car.

Haha. Np. So frustrating, isn't it?

I did notice the same in that if you open the SP app and leave it backgrounded, the problem doesnt occur. Good point to call out and one that I don't think I have up to this point.

cmarquis88

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Unchecking favorites in Samsung Pay fixed the issue. Interestingly it fixed a very similar issue with Verizon Visual Voicemail. I would play the message, the screen would go black, immediately turn back on and pause the voicemail playback. Unchecking the SP favorites allowed full playback of the voicemail. This is on the Galaxy S8.