Note 5 to Galaxy S8+ ?

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Your opinion, smartphone afficianados, would you consider upgrading to the newer Galaxy S8+? On one hand, they both run Nougat, but the S8 has a different & faster processor. Any comments; I'm thinking about it?

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
If I were you I'd wait for the new Note personally. You'll notice a significant difference from the Note 5 to the S8+. But you're only a month away from the new Note. And if rumors are correct it will be even faster than the S8+. I own the S8+ and it's a really fantastic phone but I'm going to the Note when it comes out.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
If you are a Note fan, wait until that Note 8 is released. Not much longer to wait.

I have the S8+ and it's a fantastic phone.

All depends on you wanting that stylus or not and other Note features.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If you don't use the spen, then the S8 or S8+ might work. If your Note 5 is working, wait for a sale.

If you rarely use the spen, but do use it, wait to see what the Note 8 has to offer.

I'm waiting on the Note 8.

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I believe at this point I'm going to enjoy the extra money in my pocket after my note 5 is finally paid off next month and then wait for the note 9. Hopefully there will be a note 9.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
No argument regarding waiting for the Note 8. But the S8 is a great phone whereas, in my opinion, the Note 5 was the weakest device in the Note line. And I've owned them all excepting the first.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the s8+ and the Note 5 lol. Yes the 8+ is quicker but I still really enjoy the Note 5. I'm going to trade one of them in likely for the Note 8 after it's released and I've had time to check it out, seeing the true in person specs, comparing to my two phones.

The Note 5 is great still-has kept right up with me for work and etc

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
If you don't use the spen, then the S8 or S8+ might work. If your Note 5 is working, wait for a sale.

If you rarely use the spen, but do use it, wait to see what the Note 8 has to offer.

I'm waiting on the Note 8.
I have a Note 5. Love having the availability of the pen for those times when I need to take a quick note, or draw something, or when I'm scrolling thru my audio books, etc.
I don't use it everyday, but it's there when I need it. So, I'll wait for the Note 8.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
If I were you I'd wait for the new Note personally. You'll notice a significant difference from the Note 5 to the S8+. But you're only a month away from the new Note. And if rumors are correct it will be even faster than the S8+. I own the S8+ and it's a really fantastic phone but I'm going to the Note when it comes out.

Faster? Doesn't have the exact same processor? I believe they both have the 835. Smaller battery and same processor, I am staying with s8+. Battery life will be better than the note.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I went for the deal of $150 off and $150 for trading in my Note 5. I had thought I would wait for the Note 8 but the prices been thrown out there are crazy , got the S8+ for $548( taxes included in that). I am extremely happy with the S8+. I did use the stylus a lot but "smart select " is great and using notes works great too. this truly is a beautiful device. will I covet the Note 8? sure I will but I've made my choice and I'm happy

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Wow, my battery life with the Note 5 would go down to 95-96% when I would just get to work. Now, with the S8, after I get to work, I can check email, etc., for an hour or more and the battery will still be at 98-99%.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty