Bad battery or just a better charger?

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I usually don't charge my phone until the end of the day when it's down to 20 - 15%. Lately whenever I plug the OEM charger and cable into my Note 5 the charging time shown in the notification panel will read, "Approximately 3 hrs and 45 min until fully charged."

I bought a new RAVPower 24W 4.8A (2.4 A x 2) Dual USB Wall Charger and a Anker Nylon Braided Micro USB Cable with Gold-Plated Connectors. Now when I plug this setup into my Note 5 and check the charging time in the notification panel it says, "Approximately 1 hr and 15 min until fully charged."

I'd say that's quite the difference. Sometimes it will even be fully charged in less than an hour. But it has me wondering...is that impressive tech or perhaps just a sign that my Note 5 battery is getting old?

I did have the phone checked at my local AT&T store just recently and they said it was fine.

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I usually don't charge my phone until the end of the day when it's down to 20 - 15%. Lately whenever I plug the OEM charger and cable into my Note 5 the charging time shown in the notification panel will read, "Approximately 3 hrs and 45 min until fully charged."

I bought a new RAVPower 24W 4.8A (2.4 A x 2) Dual USB Wall Charger and a Anker Nylon Braided Micro USB Cable with Gold-Plated Connectors. Now when I plug this setup into my Note 5 and check the charging time in the notification panel it says, "Approximately 1 hr and 15 min until fully charged."

I'd say that's quite the difference. Sometimes it will even be fully charged in less than an hour. But it has me wondering...is that impressive tech or perhaps just a sign that my Note 5 battery is getting old?

I did have the phone checked at my local AT&T store just recently and they said it was fine.

No worry ... That's a good thing .
Keep using it .