Gear IconX

jayjay234

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Purchased today through amazon one day shipping... and I'm honestly blown away. I thought Floss Carter was being too generous at these but this is absolutely mind blowingly good.

3d191ebe0d6cf8fb9265f94165d0680b.jpg

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Damn you don't make me buy this... Was going to pull the trigger when Flossy reviewed it but it wasn't available then. But now tempting.

anon(632186)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I saw another review where they were getting like 45 minutes in one ear and an hour in another when streaming. Do you have to have the gear app installed or can you pair like regular earbuds?

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'd be all over these if the battery was a little better. Think I'll wait for the next version so they can up the battery. They look pretty slick though.

Posted via the Android Central App

jayjay234

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Im so tempted. how about battery...at leat 1.5 hrs for workout via bluetooth...they look amazing.Thanks.
Well I'm gonna use this for workout mostly and I don't work out more thab 1.5hours anyway..

Also if I just play the music directly from the ear piece i get much better battery life.

jayjay234

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I saw another review where they were getting like 45 minutes in one ear and an hour in another when streaming. Do you have to have the gear app installed or can you pair like regular earbuds?
I think gear app is required... I also noted that the main ear piece (left one for me) had worse battery life than the right one.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Having tried the dash first, the gear iconx are superior in fit connectivity and sound. These things don't move while running, sound decent enough and hold a connection for 20ft. Well worth 200 when everyone else charges 300.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Having tried the dash first, the gear iconx are superior in fit connectivity and sound. These things don't move while running, sound decent enough and hold a connection for 20ft. Well worth 200 when everyone else charges 300.
See, I have the dash and I haven't been too impressed with them. My first pair crapped out, and this second pair is OK but sometimes it's like they can't tell that they're in my ear. So these are much better except for the battery life?

SSG_Gunz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I think gear app is required... I also noted that the main ear piece (left one for me) had worse battery life than the right one.
Gear app is required to sync via Bluetooth to setup and receive calls or notifications. But when you set up music from the gear which I do it works pretty well. And the battery life does even out a bit. I think it just makes me amp up the workout if I know I only have a few hrs of juice.

Chuck Young

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
So I have a pair of these and I really like them alot. Went through the Setup>Sounds>Sound Quality and Effects and now they sound great.

I am still looking for the Gear Icon X PC Manager program, found the one for mac but no X86/64. Anyone know where to get it?

Chuck Young

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
So I have a pair of these and I really like them alot. Went through the Setup>Sounds>Sound Quality and Effects and now they sound great.

Oops, read electronic manual and found the install file in the Tools directory of the earbuds.

:cool:

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
See, I have the dash and I haven't been too impressed with them. My first pair crapped out, and this second pair is OK but sometimes it's like they can't tell that they're in my ear. So these are much better except for the battery life?
The dash never fit me. The BT range was horrible and they were fussy to charge. They always drained while in the case. The Gear fit PERFECTLY at least in MY ear. I have a horrible time getting a good fit with earbuds for running but these babies work great. Battery is what it is. I usually run for an hour. Yesterday, I streamed and the battery drained about 50% . More than enough for my workout purposes which is all I will be using these for. I have noticed some battery drain while in the case after a few days. So you have to keep them charged. I wanted to like the Dash. They are sweet but they are still a work in progress.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo