Note 7 S-View case

Dracolan

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So i loved my S-view case for my Note 3. It was very well made and has lasted me 3 years with very minimal wear and tear. And it added very little to the overall size of the phone because it replaced the battery cover, which is really the only reason i was sad to see the removable battery gone :( So when i picked up my Note 7 yesterday i asked about the S-view case for it and they handed me one. So upon first usage and glance it looks a lot cheaper than my Note 3 case. Like i fully expect to start showing wear and tear in about a year or so. It adds more size to the phone then i would really like but i was expecting that so i can deal with it. I was just surprised and how cheap it feels. so anyone who uses the S-view case, what are your thoughts on the it?

jmbburg26

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I bought a fairly cheap case off of Amazon but I didn't like the feel of it and it didn't work well with my Wireless Fast Charger. I ran down to Best Buy to get a case for it and got the S-View case. I wanted to get a case and something to protect the screen but I hate screen protectors.

I had it on my N3, N4, and S5. I've always liked them and I like having the window. However, I'm finding that I like the Always on Display and would rather enjoy the actual thinness of the the phone. I find myself taking it out of the case when I'm at home. It will probably be going back after I order a different case on Amazon.

Hope this helps.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
So i loved my S-view case for my Note 3. It was very well made and has lasted me 3 years with very minimal wear and tear. And it added very little to the overall size of the phone because it replaced the battery cover, which is really the only reason i was sad to see the removable battery gone :( So when i picked up my Note 7 yesterday i asked about the S-view case for it and they handed me one. So upon first usage and glance it looks a lot cheaper than my Note 3 case. Like i fully expect to start showing wear and tear in about a year or so. It adds more size to the phone then i would really like but i was expecting that so i can deal with it. I was just surprised and how cheap it feels. so anyone who uses the S-view case, what are your thoughts on the it?
I have to slighty disagree. I absolutely love the new s-view case. I think it has a way more premium feel over the older ones. I never liked the hard plastic feel of the other ones and I've had one for my note 3, s5, note 4 and my edge+. Always like the functionally of the case but never like the feel until the note 7. Also keep in mind that you're comparing it to a phone that had a removable back, but with all things especially the inclusion of being able to use as a kickstand it is a very slim case and also protective. Forgot how it actually has a bumper around it. Something the old s-view cases never had. If you're truly a fan of the s-view cases I suggest giving it another look. Don't think you'll be disappointed 😆

dobo84

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The clear Sview feels cheap but the LED one is awesome I love the wallet functionality

Dracolan

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think it has a way more premium feel over the older ones. I never liked the hard plastic feel of the other ones and I've had one for my note 3, s5, note 4 and my edge+.

The S-view i had for my Note 3 was the faux leather not plastic, which is one of the reasons i loved it so much :) I am going to use it and i am getting more a custom to it but man do i miss the removable back. It just makes the case feel more a part of the phone.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the S View case, but might return it. Not liking the cover being loose and find there is more chance dropping it when fiddling with the cover. I prefer the Spigen thin case. Like the S View case, it does not cover the buttons up. I prefer the buttons uncovered and wish more cases with better protection offered that.

timmo

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Do they engineer the AOD to still show up through the window?
Yes - I love it. Shows the clock, date, battery ℅ left, and app notification icons. Very very nice. I like being able to glance at the phone sitting on the desk to see what notifications have come in.

I miss the material feel of the Note 4 S View case ... That felt much more premium to me and was a bit less slippery in the hand. This version feels rubbery to me. I love how this converts into a stand though .... Nice.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes - I love it. Shows the clock, date, battery ℅ left, and app notification icons. Very very nice. I like being able to glance at the phone sitting on the desk to see what notifications have come in.

I miss the material feel of the Note 4 S View case ... That felt much more premium to me and was a bit less slippery in the hand. This version feels rubbery to me. I love how this converts into a stand though .... Nice.
Ok now you have me tempted ... normally don't l like a covered case but thinking about it now that I cant seem to use a screen protector.

ocyberbum

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Anyone using the S view case dropped their phone or feel its a good case for protection from drops? I never used one on my old note but I got one for my note 7 and I really like the stand feature since you can use it vertical or horizontally. The first time i got off my motorcycle and my note 7 came out of my pocket and hit the ground without a case it cracked and I am worried the S-View is not enough to protect my new one if it happens again or it falls and the front cover is open exposing the screen ?

bigmo555

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I've also been worried about dropping the phone with this case. I have the Otterbox Commuter (for the best protection) but I'd like to get the S-View case but I'm concerned that it wouldn't protect the phone too much if I dropped it.

Can anyone with the S-view case weigh in on this, please?

timmo

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
It may not be the best protection. I feel far less safe with this version of S View case compared to the Note 4 version. The top cover has a tough time staying closed...so I'm afraid that when it falls to the ground, the top cover will be open and land directly on screen. To me it's a defect in the design of this case with how the top cover will not stay closed most of the time.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
It may not be the best protection. I feel far less safe with this version of S View case compared to the Note 4 version. The top cover has a tough time staying closed...so I'm afraid that when it falls to the ground, the top cover will be open and land directly on screen. To me it's a defect in the design of this case with how the top cover will not stay closed most of the time.

I'm worried also about it opening and landing on face of phone.
I have one on my s5 and the front of it is thicker and nicer.

timmo

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to return mine ... Samsung is giving me full refund. Not sure if there is another 3rd party S View case? It drives me crazy how the top cover won't stay closed. Bad design with this version unfortunately. I wish I could have the Note 4 version of case back.

timmo

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to mention that the case also pulls your hair above the ear when talking on the phone. Painful. (I'm a guy with super short hair)

timmo

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
OK - I feel a little bad I think. Since getting rid of this cover, taking phone calls with this phone still pulls my hair above my ear! So it's the phone itself and apparently not this case (sorry S View cover...). Still trying to find a worthy case as I hate using this phone naked.

And...am I the only one with this hair pulling issue? It really sucks this phone does that...must be because of the built in battery with how it seams up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non