Spigen Note 7 Flex screen protector review

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Here's the review I just posted on Amazon for the Spigen Flex Note 7 screen protector. It's getting overall bad reviews there but I decided I'd post my experience with it since it was quite different than most buyers. Here it is:

I'm confused by all the negative feedback on this item. I just applied it to my black Note 7 with no issues. It was a bit more difficult than the Spigen Crystal I had put on my Note 4 years ago but not terrible by any means. The edges wrapped around the curved screen nicely but don't go the whole way to the edge. I have no bubbles and the protector feels great on the fingers. Using the S-Pen is no problem at all - it feels smooth - maybe not as smooth as if there was nothing but certainly not an issue. I was honestly regretting my purchase after reading the reviews posted but figured I'd apply one and see how it goes myself. I'm glad I did. Unless it doesn't wear well I'm very happy with the the ease of application, quality and clarity of the Spigen Note 7 Flex. If there are wear issues in a few weeks I'll update my review, but for now I'm very impressed with this screen protector and would highly recommend it!

Anyway I'm happy. It's not as nice as my old Spigen Crystal I had on my Note 4 but I don't believe it deserves the bad rap it's getting on Amazon. If someone eventually comes out with a really good tempered glass protector that works with cases I may swap it out but for now I'm very happy with it.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Here's the review I just posted on Amazon for the Spigen Flex Note 7 screen protector. It's getting overall bad reviews there but I decided I'd post my experience with it since it was quite different than most buyers. Here it is:

I'm confused by all the negative feedback on this item. I just applied it to my black Note 7 with no issues. It was a bit more difficult than the Spigen Crystal I had put on my Note 4 years ago but not terrible by any means. The edges wrapped around the curved screen nicely but don't go the whole way to the edge. I have no bubbles and the protector feels great on the fingers. Using the S-Pen is no problem at all - it feels smooth - maybe not as smooth as if there was nothing but certainly not an issue. I was honestly regretting my purchase after reading the reviews posted but figured I'd apply one and see how it goes myself. I'm glad I did. Unless it doesn't wear well I'm very happy with the the ease of application, quality and clarity of the Spigen Note 7 Flex. If there are wear issues in a few weeks I'll update my review, but for now I'm very impressed with this screen protector and would highly recommend it!

Anyway I'm happy. It's not as nice as my old Spigen Crystal I had on my Note 4 but I don't believe it deserves the bad rap it's getting on Amazon. If someone eventually comes out with a really good tempered glass protector that works with cases I may swap it out but for now I'm very happy with it.

Got a link?

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site

That looks really good. Probably gonna order a set as a backup to the Zagg kit I have installed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Here you go

fe70d6c128965cad6c914b6e78e86f0c.jpg

32218e62052a2e242440f79031f7a668.jpg

f42281ef7639583f86d6a79c6ac41190.jpg

a73b03df2dccb56f7ef56e2456fa973b.jpg

5bd79fca75aab3ae0f2cb2cc2b4f976c.jpg

iimthomas

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
does using the spen leave indentations on the screen? your pictures actually look great, i have my spigen flex sitting here, getting my phone tomorrow. hopefully itll look as good as yours :)

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I saw a few complaints about the s-pen putting little indented trails in it from normal use. Have you experienced this?

Moe2005

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I saw a few complaints about the s-pen putting little indented trails in it from normal use. Have you experienced this?

I just put this screen protector on Friday and yes it does leave trails from the S-Pen just from using it one time. You can't really see it unless a light hits it at certain angles.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mines indented all to hell. I drew a couple things for my friends daughter, didn't even press down and there's a indented flower, some clouds, and a house on my screen. I colored in these drawings too so at certain angels it looks like I went scribbly on my screen. I don't see it with the screen on so it's minor at the end of the day, but with the screen off, and with certain lighting angles it's bad.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have only used my pen a bit since putting it on - I generally have a pretty light touch when using the pen and don't have the indentations but after reading these post I've tried and applied a fair amount of pressure (quite a bit more than I would typically use) and yes it does leave indents. I don't notice them with the screen on but if it's dark and there's any glare on the screen they are indeed noticeable.

I'll continue to use the Flex until something better is released and will stand by my review with the caveat that you need a light touch while using the pen.

I'm wondering if a little blast with a warm hairdryer would smooth them out....

neo Jeets

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Mines indented all to hell. I drew a couple things for my friends daughter, didn't even press down and there's a indented flower, some clouds, and a house on my screen. I colored in these drawings too so at certain angels it looks like I went scribbly on my screen. I don't see it with the screen on so it's minor at the end of the day, but with the screen off, and with certain lighting angles it's bad.

Yup same here. When the display is black you can see all the wonderful indentations made from either the pen or your fingernail. If you run your fingernail across the screen you'll very quickly see a trail etched out in the film.

Even if this wasn't a problem, the clarity of the protector isnt very good either. Whites appear muddy with some rainbow color distortion. You can easily see the difference in clarity just by looking at the edges of the display that are not covered by the protector.

I'm just keeping the Spigen on until I can get something better. Hopefully Samsung's official protector will have better clarity.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yup same here. When the display is black you can see all the wonderful indentations made from either the pen or your fingernail. If you run your fingernail across the screen you'll very quickly see a trail etched out in the film.

Even if this wasn't a problem, the clarity of the protector isnt very good either. Whites appear muddy with some rainbow color distortion. You can easily see the difference in clarity just by looking at the edges of the display that are not covered by the protector.

I'm just keeping the Spigen on until I can get something better. Hopefully Samsung's official protector will have better clarity.
Agreed same here. I wonder why it's not available in the states yet.

dobo84

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I did a review of this on my channel... Its a ok protector if you take your time and seldom use the s pen it will indent. But if you can live with that then this is a go.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've amended my initial Amazon review after using this for a couple of days. While I don't use my S-Pen enough (and when I do I use a very light touch) - I can see where you can get the indentations if you use it a lot. Gonna keep mine on until something better's out there for now though. Better than nothing at this point in my opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress