slickwraps 24 hr sale

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Been there done that. Not enjoyable. Quite a few years ago I requested a new debit card and that new debit card had never seen a purchase anywhere, only been used at the ATM. I switched to CC for everything and just pay it off every month. I hated the time involved dealing with my bank to get it straightened out.

Best of luck.

Thanks!!

It was fairly smooth once we figured out the hinky purchases. Two from Netflix of all places. (Wrong amount from my recurring charge and wrong time of the month) and another company that starts with an R. Can't remember what she called it. Nothing actually went through apparently. Just a few flagged charges that set off an automated block.

This was the crazy thing. The rep noticed I have Samsung Pay and asked me if I wanted to update it with the new card number. Before we even got off the phone Samsung Pay was already updated before the new card actually ships.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!!

It was fairly smooth once we figured out the hinky purchases. Two from Netflix of all places. (Wrong amount from my recurring charge and wrong time of the month) and another company that starts with an R. Can't remember what she called it. Nothing actually went through apparently. Just a few flagged charges that set off an automated block.

This was the crazy thing. The rep noticed I have Samsung Pay and asked me if I wanted to update it with the new card number. Before we even got off the phone Samsung Pay was already updated before the new card actually ships.
Nice! It's great when they do their job and actually catch the charges before they post. We both know companies do some crazy things with charges lately lol.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Nice! It's great when they do their job and actually catch the charges before they post. We both know companies do some crazy things with charges lately lol.

You know it, bud!!

I'm super paranoid right now though. A couple weeks ago both my FB (which I never use) and Instagram accounts were blocked because users outside the US were trying to access them. Now this happens with my debit card.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
You know it, bud!!

I'm super paranoid right now though. A couple weeks ago both my FB (which I never use) and Instagram accounts were blocked because users outside the US were trying to access them. Now this happens with my debit card.
Man that sucks and probably not a coincidence. Were they able to access those accounts or just attempts made to access them?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
You know it, bud!!

It's just Miz Wylie working her weekend job of amateur hacker. Obviously I haven't reached pro status yet.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Man that sucks and probably not a coincidence. Were they able to access those accounts or just attempts made to access them?

Just attempts. I changed all my passwords for sites/services I still use, and I used several different ones. Hopefully that'll be the end of it. At first I just thought somebody got hold of my email address, but it somebody has been trying to use my debit card too, it's gotta be more. It's not like I have great credit, so they won't get far if they're trying to steal my identity. LOL

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Just attempts. I changed all my passwords for sites/services I still use, and I used several different ones. Hopefully that'll be the end of it. At first I just thought somebody got hold of my email address, but it somebody has been trying to use my debit card too, it's gotta be more. It's not like I have great credit, so they won't get far if they're trying to steal my identity. LOL
Well, I wouldn't put that skin on your phone tonight after the recall announcement lol

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha! Right?!?!

I'm not pissed or anything about it at the moment. Some of the comments I'm reading online are gold. As long as Sammy does right, it'll all be ok.
Agreed. I woke up this morning and the forum had exploded. Must have been a recall lol.

I hadn't been charging at night the last 2 days while I let this skin dry so I'll just continue that until its replaced. No biggie.

Hopefully T-Mobile sms Samsung make it easy to walk in and exchange or mail out new device before turning in my current phone. I don't keep back up devices.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. I woke up this morning and the forum had exploded. Must have been a recall lol.

I hadn't been charging at night the last 2 days while I let this skin dry so I'll just continue that until its replaced. No biggie.

Hopefully T-Mobile sms Samsung make it easy to walk in and exchange or mail out new device before turning in my current phone. I don't keep back up devices.
Luckily I have one, but hopefully I won't have to use it. This will be a real test of Sammy's customer service and supply chain. If they handle this well they could get a lot of faithful customers. Problems happen and no company is above them. It's how companies deal with them thats the real test. I posted on one of the articles on AC that all the kudos kids is premature. Nobody really knows how all this will play out.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Luckily I have one, but hopefully I won't have to use it. This will be a real test of Sammy's customer service and supply chain. If they handle this well they could get a lot of faithful customers. Problems happen and no company is above them. It's how companies deal with them thats the real test. I posted on one of the articles on AC that all the kudos kids is premature. Nobody really knows how all this will play out.
Yep, I'm just waiting for word from T-Mobile at this point. Until then, I'll continue to enjoy this phone.

If you stopped doing business with a company over a recall that's, for the vast majority of people, just an inconvenience, then you wouldn't own a car and you probably shouldn't eat any food you don't grow yourself.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Yep, I'm just waiting for word from T-Mobile at this point. Until then, I'll continue to enjoy this phone.

If you stopped doing business with a company over a recall that's, for the vast majority of people, just an inconvenience, then you wouldn't own a car and you probably shouldn't eat any food you don't grow yourself.
I thought about calling T-Mobile, but I'm sure they're poor reps are hearing mouthfuls this morning.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
You ever install your slickwrap? If so what do you think?
I'd give it a not bad. Of course as soon as new units are available, there goes my wrap with the recalled phone.

I had some pretty stubborn bubbles on the back that I thought wouldn't come out but they are now gone. I might actually consider another one for the new phone. We'll see.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'd give it a not bad. Of course as soon as new units are available, there goes my wrap with the recalled phone.

I had some pretty stubborn bubbles on the back that I thought wouldn't come out but they are now gone. I might actually consider another one for the new phone. We'll see.

I still haven't even opened my package yet. I was planning on putting mine on Friday, but we know that would've been pointless. I wouldn't blame you for getting another one b/c what you told me a couple days ago.

If you order it today it MIGHT be here by the time your new phone arrives. Haha!

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I still haven't even opened my package yet. I was planning on putting mine on Friday, but we know that would've been pointless. I wouldn't blame you for getting another one b/c what you told me a couple days ago.

If you order it today it MIGHT be here by the time your new phone arrives. Haha!
Lol yeah, I'm thinking about hitting them up. Literally every bubble came out of the back. I am really surprised. As much as I wiped it down with the microfiber I thought for sure some dust had jumped on there before I applied the wrap. But nope, just took a couple days for them to go away. It doesn't look exactly like holding a naked phone but it's pretty close.