Second Hand Note 7 Recall Thread

gotojanoo

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It was at Best Buy. The 32GB VZW Pixels were a flat $9.99/Mo on DPP, no bill credits involved, for a total price of $239.76.

Might have been a Black Friday only deal.

If the BBY site isn't showing the $9.99 price on the site, the deal's over

Is the Pixel as good as the Note 7? Not even close. But I do prefer Google's idea of Android over Grace UX

But after these 2(!) months of dealing w/ Samsung and still not having a check, I'll never buy a Sammy ever again.

Plus S7 edge is too clunky compared to N7 IMO. Edges aren't refined as the N7, screen isn't as good.

LG? Not until I see one of their phones NOT have bootloop issues
I was reading on SD and they think there might be a early termination involve in this deal.

edloks808

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
The reddit poster with the check photo revealed some more info. His phone was not from a 3rd party. It was from sprint, but since he left the phone abroad and couldnt take it on the plane sprint couldnt refund him without turning in the phone first. So he went directly to samsung who gave him a refund. I talked to a manager at the note 7 call center in colorado springs and she said that carrier refunds done by samsung will come by fedex and 3rd party refunds will come via samsungs normal shipping method which is UPS. So, keep your eyes peeled for UPS my choice updates.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The reddit poster with the check photo revealed some more info. His phone was not from a 3rd party. It was from sprint, but since he left the phone abroad and couldnt take it on the plane sprint couldnt refund him without turning in the phone first. So he went directly to samsung who gave him a refund. I talked to a manager at the note 7 call center in colorado springs and she said that carrier refunds done by samsung will come by fedex and 3rd party refunds will come via samsungs normal shipping method which is UPS. So, keep your eyes peeled for UPS my choice updates.

So after over two months if Tmobile doesn't follow through giving me my money back maybe there is a little bit of hope going to Samsung for help.

edloks808

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I think samsung would be worth a try, but who knows how long it could take to get things movin. They are just understaffed and full of excuses. samsungs #1 priority is getting their phones back, then getting refunds back to the customer is at the bottom of the priority list. This is reflected in the shear imbalance between the number of note 7 call center phone intake reps (30-60) and the number of reps working on compensation requests (3-4). They are actually all in the colorado call center

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I think samsung would be worth a try, but who knows how long it could take to get things movin. They are just understaffed and full of excuses. samsungs #1 priority is getting their phones back, then getting refunds back to the customer is at the bottom of the priority list. This is reflected in the shear imbalance between the number of note 7 call center phone intake reps (30-60) and the number of reps working on compensation requests (3-4). They are actually all in the colorado call center

Not like it can be much worse than dealing with Tmobile and their 1001 excuses.

maxchacon

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Just received a couple of emails from Samsung stating that my refund request has been processed and that it will be mailed shortly. Anyone else get these emails?

shojus

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I too, have received BOTH emails just today, That makes it (4) different emails that I have received for ONE darn check... If it does not come this week, there better be a tornado because i am taking a drive to the office that cuts the checks and I'm gonna go get mine! :)

cisco150

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I too, have received BOTH 168/169 emails just today, wtf i thought the check where already shipped out, now this makes me think the first 2 emails where a way to stall or calm us down now, there's a total of 4 emails now, this suck! mine note 7 was received on oct 24.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I too, have received BOTH 168/169 emails just today, wtf i thought the check where already shipped out, now this makes me think the first 2 emails where a way to stall or calm us down now, there's a total of 4 emails now, this suck! mine note 7 was received on oct 24.

it's a clown car. expect nothing from this abysmal company.

cisco150

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I just talked to Samsung Colorado and was told the first 2 emails where hand written and that the real process and checks being done are the 168/169 emails and was told that ill be ups that will deliver the checks. wtf i knew the first 2 emails where BS, know lets see if the last 2 emails 168/169 will have my check deliverd by end of week. I wont hold my breath lol.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I finally received a check today from Samsung in the amount of $924.24. It arrived exactly a week after I received the compensation approval email (#169). I have another check I'm waiting for that I just received the approval email for yesterday. It arrived via USPS. Anyone who has received the 169 compensation email, you should receive your check in about a week.

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Such BS. I hate samsung. I switched 4 good and I truly hope they fail and go down the drain. Scumbags at best. Medicore business.

quan2626

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
I just got my check for $941.92 today, I bought 2 note 7s from craigslist. I just called them again today and they will send me another check for second note 7.

Attachments

• 20161128_143144.jpg
    20161128_143144.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20161128_143131.jpg
    20161128_143131.jpg
    520 KB · Views: 23

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member